Capítulo Veintidós

Chapter 22

I pace the room, searching every door, every archway, every stupid little hole, but I still don't find anywhere to escape.

I mean, seriously, when has my subconscious ever been right before?!

Literally all the time.

That wasn't a cue for you to speak!

This time, I'm not waiting for Arsen, or for Sarge, or for some harassing kidnapper like Dorian to come and get me out of here, because I'm going to do it myself.

Huffing, I walk up to the ancient, no-handle door and slam it as hard as I can with my shoe.

Unfortunately, the impact affected me much more than it was supposed to affect the door.

"Come on!" I growl, kicking it again. When it doesn't budge, I glare at it for some time, before taking out my phone.

Great. I don't have Arsen's number. And calling someone who isn't in Canada would be like forcing a Chihuahua to talk.

I roll my eyes and call the first person who I can think of who can probably help me in this situation.

"What's up, noodles?"

"Hey, Jax, I'm in trouble." I sigh. I hear him snort.

"What's the problem? Can't get your knickers off? I could help with that," He says.

I can literally almost see him with that smug smile on his stupid face.

"No, Jax, my knickers are perfectly fine. Not that you need to know. Actually, the problem's way worse," I tell him.

"What about the Arsen Service?" Jax asks. I roll my eyes.

"It's closed. Speaking of, I need you to give Arsen a little call," I say, feeling really angry that I have to do this. Jax laughs.

"How about I just give you his number, and in exchange, you don't tell him that I was the one who gave it to you, sound good?" He drawls. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Are you drunk?" I ask. I hear him clear his throat.

"I'm always drunk, Xanny, that's the problem with me. Anyway, I'll text you Arsen's number. There's a hot girl named Monica waiting for me downstairs,"

I pause.

"Ameena's not going to be happy about that."

Suddenly, the line on the other end goes very, very quiet. I smile when I realize that I've hit a 'Jax' nerve. Which is very impossible to do, since he doesn't have nerves, just an impulse.

"What do you mean?" He asks, sounding just as serious as he's supposed to.

"I mean, Ameena's gonna feel let down if you go and hit up this girl Monica in the same house as she lives in. Also, quick question, does Monica have a boyfriend?" I smirk.

"What?! No. I wouldn't bang a girl who's got a boyfriend! Jeez. She's got a husband."

My eyebrows shoot up. "Oh. Even more of a reason for you to kick her out, then," I say, smiling before turning the phone off.

I pace the room a little while more until I hear the ping of a text message go off, which is when I click on the blue highlighted phone number Jax sent me, and lift the phone to my ear.

It rings a while until the phone is picked up.

"Who gave you my number?" Arsen's voice asks.

It sounds just as hot over the phone than it does in real life. Which is annoying, because it isn't supposed to sound so hot.