Chapter Thirteen

While running away from the superstition, in the light of the full moon and in the calmness of the hall, a sudden blur front of my eyes, forced me to slow down. The sound of footsteps is echoing all over the hall and causing headache. My whole body is paining and totally weary, tired and exhausted. My heart is beating fast. My legs are losing courage. And I am taking deep breaths. 

The sound of my footsteps is irritating me. A strange feeling of being caught, of being weak, of being scared is killing me, though I am the bravest daughter of my father. My eyes are little wet, and my heart is little depressed... 

Suddenly, the blurriness prevailed forward my eyes. And immediately, my legs loss courage and aching a lot. And my bones twisted in a way they shouldn't. I fall on my knees suddenly, while looking up.   

I looked up just because I saw a flash of bright light, which then immediately turned dark, and now, I have closed my eyes...

As I stop running, the hustle and bustle also stopped. A strange calmness prevailed over the hall. I am knelt or sitting on knees. 

I slowly and gradually put my hands on the crown and I doffed it, while putting it on the floor, because I can't bear this burden on my head. I put both my hands on my head, and I start taking deep breaths... 

And as I feel some relaxation, I opened my eyes, and soon the blurriness starts fading away...  I immediately look back, even I saw just the blurriness, and still my heart is beating fast. As it becomes clear, and I become cognizant that no one is here. I closed my eyes...

 The floor is quite cold. I am little depressed and scared by the situation. I am looking the crown on the floor, which is gleaming like the moon... I am not showing any expressions. I take the crown with both my hands with the great care, while twisting my lips. I am making sad faces, while sulking and looking the crown. The crown is reminding me the words of my mother, which she said, before giving me, and actually, I am missing mom.

I don't hate my mother, she annoys me, scolds me, breaks my heart, but though I love her. The way I behave to her, I can't tell why?

 Actually, my father had looked after me, even he is looking after me. I don't have the memory that my mother had loved me. She only loves her sons. But my father loves me a lot than my brothers. He had always slept with me, when I was too young... Actually, mom never talked to me in polite way, after the leaving of George... 

I am lost in my sad memories.

I can remind the day, when dad was going for the war, a battle of peace, I can recall his words before leaving me alone in the castle, that you are my bravest daughter. And that day or year, I was of at least 9 or 10 years. I was weeping on the stairs and my words were only that; dad, don't go... 

I didn't sleep well that night, because I always slept with my dad. Mom was with me that night in the room, but she even didn't say anything. She was just taking care of Joseph... And I waited for dad for at least 5 months. Every night, I felt the need of his existence, and everyday I missed him, in every moment. And I understood in that period that he is my everything. 

While looking the crown, my eyes become wet with tears. I always try to shine more than everything, but this crown shines more than me...

Suddenly, I heed something, a quiet sound of footsteps, which is echoing in the hall. I look here and there gently and slowly, and as I look back, I looked that  someone is coming towards me. I start staring the person, because I think that I know him. He is at a little distance from me. 

I glance the crown, and I immediately wore the crown. Before he reaches me, I tired to stand up by myself. I put my both hands on the floor and I pushed myself, to stand up on my legs. I stand up, and I looked back at him...