1.2

note: I promised frequent updates and here I am, delivering on my promise! I loved all the responses I got so far and now I am excited and eager to introduce you to my other main character. The chapters will alternate between these two characters. 

Don't hesitate to drop your thoughts in the comments! 

Happy reading xo

  ══ ● ══  

If London Wan Liang were to have any kind of superpower it would be predicting the future.

That way she wouldn't have been so embarrassed with how her first date turned out to be a total flop because she'd have time to figure out a way to rectify that disaster. Or she could have avoided giving out her first kiss to Thomas Fischer who not only didn't like her back but liked another boy and had to break the news to her that he'd never see her that way or any other girl for that matter. She could have even evaded going to school that day when she first got her period, which was of course another disaster. She could have not given away her virginity in the back of a storage room right before her A-Level exams. She could have not dropped out of university, because clearly life was kicking her in the arse with how hard making a livelihood was. She could have avoided doing so many things, she could have made multiple right decisions instead of all the wrong ones she had made.

The possibilities were endless.

If London had the superpower of foretelling her own fate she would not have hurriedly locked her car door and turned around without so much as a backward glance. She'd have missed colliding into the hard body. She'd have saved her flowers from getting crushed on impact and falling onto the sidewalk before the cemetery entrance.

Arms were at her elbows to steady her before she could take the fall along with those beautiful fresh flowers. A deep voice going, "Woah, watch out there," was heard but all she could do was stare at the flowers on the ground between the stranger and her, ruined. She stared at the ground between them, momentarily mortified.

"Not to sound rude," she started as she pushed away from the stranger, agitation building within her, "But please watch where you're going. You just ruined a perfectly beautiful bouquet of expensive flowers."

God, Mondays were really not her days.

"I'm sorry," the stranger apologised dropping the arms around her. It was by the sound of a deep voice that she finally registered the stranger to be male. What she had said offended him but in his defence her tone was rather rude. In her defence she wasn't ready for this so early in the morning, especially when she hadn't any tea yet.

"Uh, I am sorry," he tried again and this time she looked up from her once beautiful bouquet of flowers to him. His eyes were a deep shade of something, a colour she could not distinctly make out with this much distance between them since he stepped away but the crease between his eyebrows told her that he was concerned. It was written into his features, which, she had to commend were attractive, though of course she wasn't about to go admitting that to a total stranger.

She was used to seeing handsome men and women alike. She'd gotten to see her fair share of beautiful men at work, often dressed in expensive suits for business meetings or hush rendezvous' with mysterious lovers at the restaurant she worked at. It took her several years to acquire a place there and to think of how many more years until she was able to be head chef or to open up a place of her own was enough to give her a headache.

"I didn't mean to. If I saw you there I wouldn't have bumped into you," he continued, finding that he had to justify what had just happened.

"If you did see me and then purposely bumped into me that'd make you a downright arsehole," she said, the words rushing out of her without a second thought. London had clearly woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.