2.1

note: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! 

The chapters get longer as we move deeper into the story

The chapters get longer as we move deeper into the story. I'm so excited to see your reactions so don't hesitate to drop your thoughts in the comments and vote if you enjoyed the chapter. Feedback is always appreciated. 

Enjoy! 

   ══ ● ══        

Andrew Cai had never wanted to drag out work as much as he did then. Sadly for him, he had responsibilities to attend to. Responsibilities like seeing his wife and having dinner with her and his daughter, whom he was certain hated him now. It only managed to weigh heavy on his heart as he forced himself out of his office chair and into the men's washroom to freshen up his disheveled appearance before he made his way back home.

Home.

It had lost context and somehow still held meaning.

His home, the one he used to share with his wife, was one where he felt comfortable in and the only sentimental value he could find himself attached to the house was because the last seven years of Aurora's life was there. Her childhood home, one he shared with her and being two weeks away from his daughter caused a strain on his heart.

The longest he'd gone without seeing and holding Aurora in his arms was two days, the weekend Andrew and Talia tried to do a getaway because they both knew their marriage was failing and wanted to mend it but the getaway ended up being hellish as they had argued most of the time and had sex once — angry sex if that counted.

It was impossible to miss his daughter. He pulled up to his house, parking the car by the curb and sat there silently after killing the engine, watching Aurora stare at him through the window. Her small eyes were now wide, an ear-splitting grin on her lips and she soon got onto her feet, rushing towards her father.

He was out of the car in an instant, opening the door and stepping out just in time for Aurora to hurdle her little self at him, wrapping her arms around his legs. The feel of her little body against his elevated his heart and an indescribably fatherly joy broke through him as he leaned down, pried her little hands from his legs and scooped her into his arms, giving her a little twirl before hugging her close to his chest and attacking her face with kisses.

"Ba!" she laughed, protesting but as he pulled her away to give her face a good look. The ear splitting smile was there and he knew she wasn't the least bit annoyed. She didn't hate him. He thought wrong.

He had never been more relieved.

"Where did you go?" she inquired, getting straight to the questions.

Unable to meet her eyes and unsure of what how much her mother had disclosed to her, Andrew shifted his daughter to his hip and closed the car door, locking it. Putting her back down he said, "I had some work to do and I couldn't make it home."