8.1

note: I FINALLY FINISHED WRITING THIS BOOK! And I am so stoked to share the rest of the story with you lovelies. There are 10 parts to this story + an epilogue so we've got quite a bit to go. We've definitely hit the intense part of the story now. 

This chapter was exciting to write. Very emotional. Please do comment your thoughts/feedback! And leave a vote if you enjoyed the chapter. Happy reading xx

══ ● ══  

London wished she could do something to make Andrew any less miserable but since Talia, Simon and Aurora — his precious little girl — had moved away to Ipswich a few days ago, Andrew was in a mood, a mood that lifted momentarily but was quick to cloud back again at anything that reminded him of Aurora, which was almost everything.

Friday evenings and Saturdays were the days Andrew reserved for his daughter and sitting with him on a Friday night in his flat felt strange. She should have been happy that she got to spend more time with Andrew but with Aurora, a whole town away, Andrew was in a sour mood. And Aurora being away also meant that the three of them wouldn't hang out on Sunday. London hadn't really stopped to think about it before but she was always giddy on Sunday mornings because that meant she got to see her boyfriend, and spend quality time with his daughter. London had grown attached to the little girl. She had always been a kid kind of person but she truly loved Aurora, and her moving away not only put Andrew in a sour mood but also London, albeit less sour.

"Tell me," London prodded, poking a finger against his firm shoulder. "What are you thinking about?"

"Huh?"

"Well, you and I both know you're not really watching the movie. If you were you would have laughed a couple of times at least. This is a comedy movie and you look like you're about to go to someone's funeral."

That got his attention.

"I might as well be going to a funeral. I witnessed the death of my relationship with my daughter," he said with a frown on his lips, his tone light in an attempt to joke but she didn't think it was funny that he was trying to make light of the situation.

"I thought I was the dramatic one," she said instead, smiling as she placed a gentle hand on his chest.

"Nope," he shook his head. "That's me. I'll never give up the spotlight."

London laughed, leaning in and brushing her lips gingerly against him. He reached forward, his mouth sliding over hers as his arm tightened around her waist, pulling her flush against his side. She liked his playful side. It was fun. But they were ignoring a serious topic here, so London, being the mature adult she was, pulled back for air, trying to even out her breathing. When he leaned in for more, his eyes hooded, she reluctantly pushed against his chest.

"Something wrong?" he asked, hooded gaze clearing away slightly as his eyebrows pinched in concern.

"Yes," she said, taking a deep breath. "We need to talk. About Aurora."

He groaned, rolling his head away and back onto the couch. Well, she officially ruined the mood, but the conservation had to happen.

"Tell me," she said softly, prompting him with an encouraging smile. "What's on your mind?"

Andrew looked down, his fingers playing with his wedding band ring. No matter how used to it she got, the fact that he still couldn't bring himself to remove it made her stomach somersault, and not in the good way. But this wasn't about her and her feelings now. This was about Andrew, who had been highly bothered and irritable since he was separated from his daughter. If London brought up how she was feeling about seeing the ring on his finger, he'd give her his whole attention and while she loved that about him, how he always hyped her, supported her and paid so much attention to her, this was about him. She wanted to be there for him.