5

I didn't talk much as Eli and his mate Lina explained where they went, what they have worked out for themselves, which was that Eli was going to give her time to do what she wanted in life, even pay for it all if her parents didn't approve.

I never felt more proud of my sons until I saw the respect Eli had for other kinds of people. He was respecting her parents just as he was respecting her. His only stipulation was that they marry now, no consummation needed. He just wanted to make sure that no man would want her... and for Lina to feel secure that he would be loyal to her with no other woman needed for him.

"Why would you be willing to wait?" Aaron asked softly and I knew that her worry stemmed from not being around when Grey lost his mom and dad. She didn't want her daughter to feel bad if something like that happened for Lina.

"I've waited this long. I'm not getting older." Eli shrugged and licked his lips and looked to me. "I don't want to force someone to be what they aren't. She wants to go to school, and I don't want to be the reason she never gets the chance at being wonderful." He smiles at Lina and I noticed her shoulders sag just slightly and I knew she was melting at his words.

"But you will stay in the pack? Or how is this going to work? Mating to a vampire? I don't understand how this is truly possible." Greyson looked at me as if I had all the answers.

"Vampires do have true mates because of you two being the only hybrids... maybe that has something to do with it." I offered when everyone did stay quiet and sort of shifted their eyes to me.

"Sounds like a crock of shite to me dad." I suppressed my need to hiss at my own son and turned to look at him.

"I hope you get a wolf mate." I told him before cutting my eyes to Eli.

Him and Jr. weren't close. Not like they used to be as kids and the first 100 years we were all together. "Well whose to say I won't find a man as a mate either."

"Fine line Jr." I told him and stood slowly.

"I have to get back to England." He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Well you're not leaving until we make sure your mother is fine or out of harms way. Get her on the phone. She never called me back after Eli was hurt." I ordered and he sighed before speeding to my room, no doubt looking for his phone.

I waited ten seconds before he was back in the main room. "It's not there, and I know it was in my breast pocket. The men who did this to me must have taken it."

"Why would they need it?" I asked him and he sighed.

"Because I have mum on a trackable credit limit." He growled low before punching my drywall. "Dammit. How would they even know that unless they know about my banking habits."

"Which means what exactly? You're not shouting things from the roof top kind of guy." Eli remarked and I saw Lukas' fangs drop, the ideas popping into my head about betrayal was occurring to him, and while I had no names, he must have a list.

"I only have three people who know about my family and who and how I know where they are." He started to pace and Aaron cleared her throat and we all turned eyes to her.

"Wouldn't you be able to get the same access they have on a computer?" She asked and I looked back to my son and waited as he seemed to think.

"They will have me prove everything and then shut off access to the phone since I will report it stolen." He started to move forward and looking at my expectantly and I sped to my office before going back to hand him my fully charged laptop.

He got to typing right away and I started to pace. I loved Imogene as if she were my best friend, like Aaron, and while we couldn't be what she always wanted... I always wanted her to find it with someone else.

Jesse [on hold]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara