6

There was a banging, not on the front doors downstairs but the elevator doors. I ground out a curse and moved to put my hand on the reader before turning on the camera so I could see who it was.

Imogene was on the floor, curled up and using her legs to kick the wall. The blood pooling around her was still flowing and she looked to be sobbing too hard to make any noise.

I hit the open button as quick as I could before speeding to get a blood bag. She had been MIA from the hotel for 3 days.

Aaron offered to send Greyson to look for her but I said she probably was out having fun at some blood clubs or staying with friends.

I pulled 4 blood bags and rushed back to the elevator doors. "Boys!" I shouted and moved to pick her up, she was barely conscious and only whispered my name like she knew where she was and needed me, it didn't seem like she knew she was already with me.

I put slight pressure on her chest, another on her stomach before getting a blood bag opened for her to drink from. It was gone in seconds.
By the third bag both sons were by her side, asking her what happened, but I could tell once she had enough blood she would have to sleep.

"Let's get her cleaned." I told them both and moved to stand with her.

"Do you mean like a sponge bath?" Eli asked after we were all in my room.

"Yes." I saw them both pass a look before looking too uncomfortable. "This is your mother-"

"And we've gone our entire lives without having to see her naked. You've already seen her naked dad... multiple times if we're any proof.... you do it and we can both stay up until she wakes." Luke offered out and I sighed.

"Go." I dismissed and moved to get warm water and a dark colors rag and some scissors. I cut all the clothes off her body, washed away the blood and went to get a pair of boxers and a long shirt.

I got her redressed and she stayed so still for so long. Eli and Luke made their way in about a half hour after I was done. Both were cleaned and in new clothes and Eli came to my side, telling me I still had blood on my clothes and that I should change.

I got up and showered. Thinking back on all the important times Imogene had been there for me, all the milestones.

I remember running to her room the day I lost my first tooth. She got slightly jealous that she hadn't yet and made me drop my tooth In the dirt.

She was there when I was accepted into school, she had come over every morning for breakfast, waiting anxiously like I was to see about the morning mail call. She cheered and hugged me and told me how I better write her every day I was away.

And during the summers when I got to stay home we were still as close as ever.

Our first season we were each other's first dance, and then we kept dancing.

I had been attracted to our relationship all my life. She was my best friend and our parents only thought it made sense for us to marry after our first season. We had basically been courting each other our whole lives.

At least that is what her mother said after we said our vows.

She was the only woman I ever loved... and made love to.

And she was sitting in my bed, beaten, bitten and bloody.

Someone was going to die for hurting her.

I finished in the shower, dressing in long sweats and a white t before heading back to my room.

Her eyes were open and the boys were talking and when they all looked to me and started to sob and her hand flexes in my direction.