A Perfect Day

Darcy was rudely awoken the following morning by the irritating need to pee, and when she first blinked open her eyes, she had no idea where she was at first.
The sofa was soft, squishy and a bit lumpy, not like the one in her apartment back home. The room was gloomy, and surprisingly cool. It also smelt unfamiliar, a bit incense-y and like wine. She also had no idea what time it was, and...

Then she realised where she was.
For a few glorious minutes whilst dazed and confused, she'd forgotten all about being stranded in London with the notorious God of Mischief.

Cursing her bladder, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, heaved herself up off the sofa, and stretched.
That's when suddenly she remembered the disturbing thoughts she'd had last night, as they came filtering back in a moment of unforgivingly harsh crystal clarity.

She had replayed yesterday's exchanges over and over in her mind before eventually falling asleep. The way Loki had tended to her injury so sweetly, and held her hand.
The hug.
His proposition, the way he'd jokingly asked her to share the bed with him.
Ugh.
Maybe this is what Tony had meant when he'd warned her about Loki. And she'd laughed and shrugged it off, thinking he was being completely ridiculous.
But now she wasn't so sure.
What if the trickster was deliberately trying to get under her skin? Trying to get inside her head? And possibly into her pants? The very thought made her throat constrict, and blood fizz through her veins.

But in saying that, he hadn't exactly been acting any differently, so why she was suddenly very aware of his attractiveness was beyond her.

"You're being a complete idiot." She muttered to herself irritably.
All the messed up thoughts and feelings last night, it was probably nothing more than just the events of the day confusing her. She wasn't attracted to Loki, he was probably just growing on her. Like a....fungus.
Admittedly, she did like him as a friend, but she wasn't interested in him romantically or sexually.
No. Not in the slightest.

Feeling slightly better at having convinced herself, Darcy took a few deep breaths, and headed for the bathroom door. She still wasn't fully awake, her eyes still bleary from sleep, so it came as a complete shock to the system when she reached for the handle but it suddenly crashed open and she collided with another body.

Oh god, why him?
Why now?

She let out a startled shriek, and his large hands instinctively grasped her shoulders firmly.
It took a few seconds for the mist to disperse, and there was a slight delay as her brain struggled to register the sight of an equally startled, alarmingly underdressed, Loki.
Wrapped in little more than a shroud of steam and an obscenely small white towel, his damp skin glistened with tiny droplets of water, and he looked like some sort of dark angel. An angel who'd been cast out of heaven for being far too sexy.

"Miss Lewis! Watch where you are going!" He snapped, looking genuinely surprised to see her, and seriously disgruntled.

"Huh! H-how about you watch where you're going!" She snarked, as she fought to keep her eyes on his face and not allow them to drift downwards.

He was still holding onto her, as if making sure she wasn't a figment of his imagination, and the contact set off a little configuration to all of her senses.
Ugh, she didn't like this. She didn't like the closeness of their proximity. It made her stomach feel all fluttery.

She tutted loudly, and pushed her way passed him, forcing his hands to fall away.
But she did this a little too forcefully, her movements so brusque, which caused the knot in his towel to loosen and slip down precariously. Fortunately for the both of them, Loki had reflexes like a cat, and he caught it before it fell open, and adjusted it accordingly. Although, it still hung down a bit too low on his narrow hips for Darcy's liking. Dangerously low in fact. But she didn't want to think about that.