Love The Way You Lie

Darcy flopped her arm over to where Loki should've been, but felt only empty pillows and smooth linen.
She was alone.
There was no snuggly koala-Loki in arms distance.

Slowly she turned to look where he ought to be, feeling a bit groggy and disoriented. The bed felt startlingly empty without him. Much too empty.
She knew he wouldn't have gone far. He'd left once before but then changed his mind and come back after all, so surely it was highly unlikely that he would decide to run off somewhere and leave her all by herself now.

But still, she suddenly began feeling a teensy bit panicky.

It was all well and good to lay musing about love's young dream, and teddyhood, and love hearts, but she needed to be realistic.

Loki was the God of Mischief.
And lies.

When he'd opened his thoughts and feelings up to her, she'd felt undoubtedly deeply privileged, and moved to the point of tears. It had given her hope that their relationship would actually really work, and God knows she desperately wanted it to.
But could they get passed all of the potential issues? Would she be able to trust Loki, and not drive herself  insane worrying that he could go walk-about and not return?

Ugh.

No she couldn't allow herself to go there.
She needed to get a grip and stop the doubt from rearing it's ugly head. He'd be furious. Especially after having lowered his guard and granting her access to his most personal emotions.
Although....technically he was the chief game player. Renown for his uncanny ability to manipulate people.
Even if he was on the level, who was to say that he might not be tempted to change his mind and withdraw at some time in the future?

Oh God.

She forced such unpleasant thoughts aside, and did her best to return her attention to the present moment.
She needed to focus on the here and now instead.

She still wasn't wearing any clothes, which was always a big 'no no' for Darcy.
What if there was an emergency? A fire or something? And then she would have to leave in a hurry. In all honesty, she figured she'd rather burn right along with everything else, rather than run the risk of having to flee naked.

But hey, she had a justifiable excuse for falling asleep in her birthday suit.
Nothing killed a moment quite like turning to your bed-partner and saying, "Let's get dressed now shall we?"
Besides, that would be a crying shame where Loki was concerned. Not only was he a mouth-watering sight to behold, there was also something very persuasive and convincing about him being naked. As if you sort of wanted to cast all inhibitions aside and be naked with him.

Rolling over, she buried her face into his pillow and breathed deeply, inhaling the scent of him, and smiled to herself. He smelt as beautiful as he looked.

A few moments later the bedroom door opened, then he slinked in and all the air in the room left.
Darcy kept her eyes partially closed, watching him move slowly.
The diffused, hazy light that seeped through the gaps in the drapes kept the room in a silver-grey filter, but she could see he was wearing black suit trousers, and just a simple white shirt.
He brought his hand to his hair, which was still still tied in the messy bun, and pulled it loose, shaking it out like a lion does it's mane.

Wow.
Loki was the sort of guy who could make a black garbage sack look sexy.
He looked adorably dishevelled with his dark tresses hanging messily around his face, and not combed back behind his ears into slicked-perfection.

She watched him knowing he didn't know she was awake, as he moved quietly with graceful strength through the room, not wanting to disturb her, and something inside her stirred.
Oh God she wanted him.
She wanted him again.
She was greedy for him, too much could never be enough -- although her lady parts might've disagreed, as they were most definitely tender -- but he'd turned her into a raging nymphomaniac.