Piece Of Mind

** A/N ** This chapter contains some mild sexual content (nothing graphic) fluff and lots of feels . You have been warned ;) **

***********************************

Loki's frame stiffened against her, his entire body tensing in her arms. He pulled back to look at her, his intense eyes fixing unwaveringly on her face, faint lines gathering on his forehead as he gave a small, disconcerted frown. And Darcy's heart pounded anxiously in her chest.

To say he had been taken aback, was putting it mildly.

"You can't." He said, leadenly.

"What?" Eyes wide, Darcy stared at him in disbelief. "What do you mean I can't? I do!"

He shook his head, unconvinced. "You're confused. You can't possibly know what you're saying."

He was still holding her against the wall in his secure grip, but now this was hideously awkward, so she instinctively wriggled in a feeble attempt to spur him into letting her go.

"Stay." He commanded, his hold on her tightening. "I'm enjoying this feeling of closeness."

"Not enough to listen to me though, huh?" She snapped unpleasantly.

But she couldn't help it. Now suddenly she couldn't help feeling a teensy bit panick-stricken. Like reality was starting to kick in, and it was humiliating and harshly unforgiving.
Sucking in a deep breath, she stilled and tried to calm herself, slowly counting to ten in her head. His admittance to enjoying the closeness was surprisingly sweet, and she didn't want to deny him the pleasure of a feeling that he clearly wasn't accustomed to. But at the same time, she was growing increasingly uncomfortable. On all levels.

"I'm cold." She said in a small voice, closing her eyes to avoid the embarrassment of having to meet his gaze.

Slowly, he grudgingly withdrew his waning length from her body and carefully set her down on her own two feet. Her legs had turned to jello, and were shaking perceptibly, so he held onto her for a moment.

"Are you.....alright?" He asked gently, face filled with concern.

She nodded, placing a hand against the wall to keep herself steady. The lukewarm water didn't help matters, and Loki must've felt her shivering, because he stepped out of the bathtub and pulled a big, white towel from the rail on the wall. Instead of using it for himself, he handed it to her, and she was thankful for being able to cover her modesty at least.

Modesty, didn't appear to be an issue for the God of Mischief however, as he was still standing brazenly naked in all his glory, without a hint of shame.

And what a sight to behold he was. Even his tight little butt, and manly bits and pieces were perfectly formed. And the beautiful vision of him all nude and wet, didn't exactly help her trembling legs.
She had just been very intimately involved with that man, she thought to herself, smugly, and a sudden sex-flashback made her feel faintly dizzy.

But now what? Where did they go from here on in? Especially given that she'd just foolishly disclosed her love for him and he hadn't even had the good grace to accept her declaration?

His negative response had undeniably hurt her, and now she was battling the urge to give him a piece of her mind. The only other option was to try and get away. To go to bed, sleep on it, and see if her anger had subsided in the morning.
Fight or flight?