Bizarre Love Triangle

Darcy was holding her breath, afraid of so much as breathing the wrong way, because Loki didn't move and he still hadn't said anything, and she could literally feel her stomach dropping.
How hideously embarrassing.
She was such an idiot, and now all she wanted was to go and shrivel up in a deep dark hole somewhere.

Extricating her hand from his, she nervously pushed a dark curl behind her ear, wishing she could remember the part in The Worst Case Scenarios Handbook about jumping from a moving vehicle. Although -- the fact they were in a plane made everything even more problematic -- There was nowhere to escape.

"You're being disturbingly quiet." She said eventually, unable to bear the awkward silence a moment longer. "Listen, I'm not saying I'm in love with you or anything. So you don't have to be all weirded out by it. You know I enjoy your company, God help me, so it's no big deal."

Her voice faded away, as his eyes studied her closely, darting to and fro across her face. "Isn't it?" His question sounded more like an accusation, and she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "Is it truly no big deal? When you have just stated that you are afraid of never feeling with your boyfriend, the man whom you have chosen to have an intimate relationship with, the way you feel when you are with me. Now, surely you can understand my being intrigued by such a revelation? So do tell me, Miss Lewis.....how exactly do you feel when you're with me?"

Darcy swallowed.
What was happening to her? Why did she have to have feelings for Loki?
She should've been happy with Greg. Or at least content, but no. Her friendship with the God of Mischief had apparently blossomed without her even noticing, and the harmless, silly flirtation had escalated and now, the God who had initially annoyed her, even irritated her at times, had made her feel.....

Just how did he make her feel?

It should've been a difficult question to answer, but surprisingly it wasn't.
He made her feel alive. And carefree. He made her feel flirtatious and more confident. He made her mundane life somehow much more exciting and........happy.
Being with him, made her happy.
But most of all -- by some bizarre twist of fate -- during the time she had spent with him, he had made her feel wanted.
Cared about.
As if her opinions mattered.
As if she mattered.
Which was almost painfully ironic, considering that when she paused to think about it properly, she had a massive hang-up about him finding her petty and ridiculous. After all, how could he not? He was an extraterrestrial, a deity, with an enormous superiority complex.

But no one had ever made her feel the way he made her feel. And most worryingly of all, she felt in her heart of hearts they never could.
Even though there were many sides to him she still didn't know, and many parts of him she might not even ever understand, that didn't seem to matter.
It was those blank spaces that made her want to be closer, and what made her feel so comfortable around him.

"You still haven't answered me, Miss Lewis." Loki's smooth voice shattered her thoughts, and she blinked at him rapidly.

"I...well..." Her throat constricted, strangled by unspoken words that she didn't know how to express articulately. "...I have fun with you."

He stared at her, dark brows drawing together in a bewildered frown. "Fun?"

She nodded feebly, staring down at her hands, which she had clasped tightly together in her lap.

"What more than that?" He persisted.

"Why does there have to be more?"