Monster

So Loki had gone.

That much, Darcy was sure of, even though she stupidly kept trying to fool herself into believing that they were somehow just missing each other. Passing each other by like ships in the night, as she frantically searched the hotel for him.

But hey, he had only been missing for about twenty minutes now -- which was nothing really -- she hoped.

She had found her purse exactly where she had left it on the table, when she'd gone back into the function room.
Checking to make sure her belongings were all still there, any alleviation she felt upon finding her wallet, glasses and phone, was overridden by tremendous alarm when she discovered the controller for the obedience disk was missing.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

A frantic search ensued, which included Greg's room, Loki's room, the hotel lobby, and even the male bathroom in the function room.
All to no avail.

Anyone watching her would've been in no doubt that she had lost her mind, as she rushed around the hallways, and up and down the stairs, muttering a string of expletives under her breath.

In her desperation, she even asked at reception if they'd seen anyone matching Loki's description, but the staff all shook their heads and looked blank. Though in their defence, they were rather preoccupied with the affray that had occurred in the garden, and were waiting on an ambulance to take the badly-shaken (quite literally) Greg, to the hospital.

In despair, she forced herself to pause for a minute to collect her thoughts.
That's what Loki would do, she realised, recalling the way he had told her to be quiet so that he could think, when they'd first arrived in London via the portal.

Taking in a few much-needed deep breaths, she tried to quell her rising hysteria. Which was no easy feat. Her heart was racing and her chest had tightened, making it difficult for her to breath. She also felt sick to her stomach, and her blood seemed to fizz through her veins, causing her head to throb.

Fresh air, that's what she needed. It seemed to be so stiflingly warm in the hotel foyer, and it also hit her then, that maybe Loki had left the building.
Why she hadn't thought of that before, she didn't know. But she wasn't exactly thinking straight.

Stumbling out through the revolving doors, she looked left and then right. It was dark outside, which wasn't at all helpful, and as she hurriedly fumbled for her glasses, a dozen different disastrous scenarios ran through her head.

Would she have to call Jane? Or worse still, Tony?
If she couldn't find Loki -- and with each passing minute, the odds against her were increasing -- then what other choice did she have?
What would their reaction be once they learned that the notorious God of Mischief was roaming around by himself on the streets of Paris?
She didn't dare think about it. Yet she couldn't help think about it, as unwanted visions of Tony suited in his Iron Man getup, blasting Loki with those repulssor thingies in his hands, assaulted her minds eye.

And Thor.
Thor would be furious.
The God of Thunder was renown for thinking with his fists, and his pride would be seriously wounded by Loki's latest betrayal. The burly blonde had spent months trying to convince his fellow Avengers that his adopted brother was trustworthy. It was only natural that he'd be monumentally disappointed, and take the insult personally.

As for Bruce Banner...
Well, as long as he remained the likeable, quirky scientist nerd who spent all of his time holed-up in the lab department, then that would be okay.
If he didn't however, and the Hulk put in an appearance, Loki would be done for.
Darcy had heard all about the time he'd smashed Loki into the floor of the tower.
This time he'd probably redecorate the interior with him.