Chapter 5

"No! Star Tour! We have to go on Star Tours first!" Blake shouted as Scott tried to plan out which park they were going to hit on their first day as they all were riding down in the elevator.

"No way, Haunted Mansion is what we're doing first," Shanna piped in.

"Are you guys kidding, we're doing Splash Mountain," Chris decided.

Scott just shook his head, "No because it's going to be like 95 in the afternoon so I want to do it when it's hot, not right in the morning."

"How about," Lisa started as the elevator doors opened and they all filed out to head to the bus that was going to take them from their hotel to the park. "We let the real children decide instead of the overgrown children?"

Karla laughed while the Evans siblings and Blake, the honorary Evans sibling, all shared a look before they asked the kids what they wanted to do.

"I like tea cups!" Miles bounced as they filed onto the bus.

Ethan shook his head while taking a seat, "Peter Pan!"

"No! Snow White!" Stella whined and the siblings tried to hash out the plan as the adults laughed at the way their conversation had mirrored the previous one.

As they all got onto the bus, they realized they were one spot short so Carly pulled Stella onto her lap and she immediately whined, wanting her own spot so Blake who was sitting next to her, scooted onto Chris' lap to give Stella her own seat, causing the little girl to squeal with delight.

When the bus jerked forward, Chris instinctively wrapped his arms around Blake's small waist. This was nothing unusual as they both very much had the love language of physical touch and constantly were hugging each other, laying their head in one another's laps or things of the such. What was different this time though is that Chris never removed his arms from around the the whole ride.

Blake chatted with the family as they all were voicing the things they wanted to make sure and do the first day and she buzzed with excitement. Normally Chris would be right along with Blake and the two would be animatedly bursting about getting dole whips, who got to ride with the kids on dumbo, or where they would stand to watch the fireworks but today was different. Chris was silent with his mouth but his brain was loud and running with thoughts.

He wanted to wrap his arms around her waist tighter and pull her frame close against his chest. He wanted to bury his nose into her curly chocolate hair and smell her raspberry shampoo. He wanted to kiss along her black floral tattoo that covered her shoulder but was revealed by her tank top and feel her soft skin under his lips. He wanted to watch the way her pink lips parted to reveal her wide smile and listen to her hysterical and melodic laughter. More than anything he just wanted her.

But those thoughts didn't push down the fear he felt. He still was afraid to act on his emotions. He was paralyzed at the thought of losing her and he knew that he couldn't take that. He had to be sure of her feelings but he didn't know how.

He didn't have time to think much longer though because at that moment, his phone dinged and he pulled it out of his pocket, reading the text that was on his screen from Carly.

'I see the way you're looking at her Chris. Tell her.'

'I have to be sure she feels the same about me. I can't lose her' Chris typed out quickly.

He looked over to see Carly roll her eyes when she read his text but typed a reply 'She does. Stop being so oblivious and you'll see it'

As Chris' sea blue eyes read the text, he turned to his sister and stuck his tongue out at her before the bus came to a stop. Everyone filed out of the bus and hurried into the parking, heading toward Fantasyland.

The family all watched with amused smiled on their faces as Blake danced down main street in front of them and Chris put his big hands on her waist and spun her around, making her laugh loudly. When he set her back down on the pavement, she wrapped her around around his waist and he draped his arm around her slender shoulders.

Everyone shared knowing look and followed behind the pair to the teacups. When they were in line, the kids were of course frantically deciding who they wanted to ride with.

"Let's have boys against girls and see who can spin faster!" Ethan announced.

"Okay, me, Ethan, Uncle Scott and Uncle Chris against Stella, Mommy, Auntie Shanna and Auntie Blakey!" Miles told them. "And Karla can go with Stella and Grandma can come with us!"

"How about I go with Stella and Auntie Blakey goes with you guys because I'm sure Blakey and Chris want to go together. They both love this ride," Lisa said while looking at her son's blue eye while he gave her a confused look back.

Blake shrugged, not caring what team she was on and happily got into the yellow teacup before they spun as fast as they could. They all laughed hysterically as they spun faster and faster until Blake had to hold onto Miles and Ethan who were sliding around because Chris and Scott were spinning them so fast.

When they got off the teacups, they all huddled together and decided to head for Haunted Mansion but as they were passing by the wishing well, a popular spot for engagements and couples, Lisa turned to Chris and asked, "Couples always get such cute pictures taken there! I should take your and Blakey's picture there!"

Chris was caught off guard by his mother's comment but played it off just saying, "Ma, Blakey's already half way to Haunted Mansion and probably is going to have her face buried in a churro stand here in a minute. I don't think we'll have time to a picture."

Lisa just shrugged and Chris gave her a peculiar look before slowing his steps to fall to the back of the group where Carly was walking as she held Stella's hand. Carly knew what Chris was there to talk to her about so she told Stella to go have Uncle Scott hold her hand.

"You told Ma, didn't you?" Chris instantly shot at her.

"I haven't told anyone," She responded.

"Well why is she making comments like 'oh you'll want to sit together' and 'oh let me take your picture where all the couples get their picture taken' I mean c'mon!" Chris threw his hands up in the air in defense.

"She makes comments like that because she's not an oblivious fool and can see how obvious it is you two love each other, dumb dumb," Carly gave her younger brother's solid frame a light shove. "Even Ethan sees it. He's waiting for your wedding."

All Chris did was let out a dramatic moan. Before he could say anything else, he felt a pair of hands on his broad shoulders before a weight was on his back. Chris grabbed the legs that wrapped around his waist and and Blake's arms came to snake around his neck.

"Don't tell me you're tired already and need a piggy back ride," Chris laughed while Blake put her head on his shoulder and held a half eaten churro in front of him, offering him a bite.

"No, I just feel like if you have Captain America as your best friend, you might as well have him carry you around," Blake laughed.

"I was giving you piggy back rides long before I was ever Captain America, so don't use that as your excuse," He said around the bite of churro that was in his mouth.

Blake slid off his back and stuck her tongue out at him before telling him honestly, "What I really came back here for was to tell you slow pokes to hurry up because we're going to Star Tours after this!"

Chris felt a warm tingle inside of his stomach as he stared at the beautiful woman and let her take his big hand in her slender one and pulled him ahead. Meanwhile all the adults in the group shared a look, just wondering when the two would finally realize what was obvious to everyone else.