Chapter 10

"I like that grey suit, it's a little bit more casual," Carly said while looking through Chris' closet.

"No, the black one looks so good on him," Lisa pulled it off the hanger.

"I agree! And it looks so sleek with a white button up," Shanna replied while Lisa tossed the suit on top of Chris who was laying on his back on top of his bed. "Put it on, Chris!"

"I already told you, I'm not wearing a suit on our date!" Chris laughed while pushing the suit off of him as he sat up.

Lisa just shook her head, "It's your first date with Blake, you need to look nice! So put the suit on and then I'll help you trim up your beard nicely and Shanna can help you with your hair."

"Ma, I'm a 33 year old man. I can get ready for a date myself," He just shook his head through laughter.

"Well I don't want you to blow this one," Lisa put her hand on her hip. "Now get to it!"

"I'm just wearing what I have on," Chris looked down at his jeans, boots and flannel button up. "Pretty sure Blake has seen me before so I don't think it's going to matter what I wear."

Lisa gave her son a look and he knew that he was in for it.

An hour later, Blake heard a knock on her door and she hurried to open it but immediately busted up laughing when she saw the man standing in front of her. She saw him clothed in one of his beautiful black Gucci suits with his shiny black dress shoes, an expensive gold watch, and his hair slicked back. He looked insanely handsome, that was no argument, but it was quite a contrast to her plain black jeans, oversized grey sweater that was tucked into her pants, and her black Nike's.

"I hate to break it to you, but I think you might be a little overdressed for mini golf," Blake hysterically laughed.

Chris rolled his eyes and pushed past her into her apartment, "I know! But you should have seen my sisters and mom. They were like vultures on me and wouldn't let me leave in the jeans and flannel I was going to wear. They said I had to look good on our first date."

"Have they seen you before? You look good all the time," Blake told him, making Chris blush slightly, still not used to his best friend saying things of that nature to him.

"I'm glad you think so," He smiled while pecking her lips softly while tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "You look really pretty."

"Even if I didn't get as dressed up as you?" Blake couldn't help but tease.

Chris hooked his arms around her waist and kissed her sweetly before telling her, "You're a brat, you know that?"

"But I'm a brat who has a few of your old tee shirts and that pair of jeans you left here that one time," She smiled up at him.

"You're the best, Blakey, did you know that?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, suck up," Blake giggled as he kissed her cheek.

Chris quickly disappeared into her room and found his jeans and one of his tee shirts that somehow had ended up at Blake's apartment at one point or another and quickly changed. He left his suit on the bed and walked back out to find Blake with her hand in a bag of starburst jellybeans.

When he saw her, she looked like a little kid who had gotten caught and she quickly shoved the handful in her mouth and explained, "Hey I wasn't going to make it through a whole game of mini golf before dinner. I needed an appetizer."

"Candy doesn't count as an appetizer," Chris laughed while sticking his own hand into the bag to get his own handful.

"Hey!" She shouted.