Chapter 12

The crackle of a warm fire was the only sound that could be heard in Chris' house on the cold Boston night. Blake was camped out in the big leather chair he had in his living room as she quietly read a book and waited for Chris to get home. He had spent the long weekend in L.A. doing various contract things and interviews and the new couple had missed each other terribly so Blake decided to wait for him at his house. She was so engulfed in her book though that she never heard Chris drive into the garage or his loud footsteps. It wasn't until the front door closed behind him and his bulky frame was standing in the living room that she noticed he was home.

"CHRIS!" Blake squealed.

She tossed her book to the floor and ran to him, jumping into his arms. He was so surprised by her reaction that it made him wobble as he caught her and caused the two to topple to the floor. Chris fell on his back and Blake was on top of him, making Chris hysterically laughed while Blake planted little kisses all over his face and bearded chin.

"I missed you so much," Blake said between her fervent kisses.

Chris wrapped his arms around her waist and squeezed her tight while bringing his lips to hers for a long and passionate kiss before telling her, "I missed my Blakey."

"Mhmm," She happily sighed, resting her head in the crook of his neck as they laid on the floor. "Call me that again."

He kissed her forehead before tenderly saying, "My Blakey."

"I love being your Blakey," She honestly told him.

"I love you being mine," Chris lovingly told her as his hands wandered down to her behind that was covered in her ripped jeans and gave it a good squeeze, making her giggle as she kissed at his neck.

"How did everything go this weekend?" She asked.

"Good, and I'll tell you more later but I have a surprise for you," Chris said before ushering her to go sit on the couch and close her eyes.

She did as he told her and waited while she heard him go outside before entering the house once again. Blake wanted to peek but decided to keep her eyes closed as Chris told her. She only had to wait a moment longer until she felt something warm being placed in her arms and he then said she could look.

"A PUPPY!" Blake squealed while hugging the little fluffy mutt tight. "Chris! He's so adorable! But I thought you didn't want a dog because of your schedule?"

"Well," Chris began while sitting next to her and rubbing the dog's head. "I just saw how much you loved those puppies last week and I felt bad that you can't have one in your apartment, and then I saw this little guy in the pound in L.A. and he just didn't belong there and needed a good home."

"But what about when you're gone for filming and all of that?" She asked.

"I figured between you, my mom, and my siblings, someone could watch him and sometimes he'll be able to go with me," Chris explained. "But I just fell in love with him when I saw him and I knew the moment I laid eyes on him that you'd be crazy about him."

"He's the cutest puppy ever!" Blake beamed. "What's his name."

"I was thinking Dodger, unless you had an idea," Chris replied.

"I love it! Dodger, want to sniff around and see your new home?" She asked the new puppy while putting him down on the carpet.

The couple sat on the floor and played with the excited puppy until it was late into the night. Chris set up the big dog bed in the corner of the living room where Dodger climbed in. Since he would grow to be big, Chris had gotten a large dog bed but the little puppy tucked himself into the corner.