Chapter 7

"You're an idiot," Lisa stated as she looked at her son as they sat on a bench outside Big Thunder Mountain. Everyone else had gone on the ride but Stella, who was fast asleep on Uncle Chris' chest, stayed behind and Lisa decided to stay with her son and granddaughter so she could talk some sense into him.

"I know I'm an idiot, okay?" He had been expecting this conversation.

"You never should have flirted with that girl yesterday Chris! Now it's our last day in Disney and poor Blakey is so upset but tries so hard to hide it," Lisa shook her head.

"I know Ma! You think I didn't notice that her eyes were red from crying when she came back from the bathroom yesterday, or how she's been shying away from me since that?" He took one hand from around Stella's sleeping body and ran a hand through his thick hair. "I'm such a fucking meatball. I don't know how I didn't figure all of this out before."

"I don't know either. I love you Chris, but you're an idiot," She bluntly told him. "And I have no idea what you were doing flirting with that blonde."

Chris let out a groan before explaining, "When we were in Atlanta, Sebastian was commenting on how hot Blake is and inside it made me a little bit nuts. I just felt really jealous and didn't like that he thought of her that way, and I guess I thought if I saw the same reaction in Blake, it would tell me how she felt about me. I just didn't realize it would hurt her the way it did," He internally beat himself up.

"It's alright sweetie, we all make mistakes," She rubbed his back. "You just need to talk to her and make it right. But I think you know what you need to figure out first."

"What?" He asked as Lisa took the sleeping Stella from his arms and held her.

"You need to figure out how you feel about Blake and if you have feelings for her, you have to tell her. If you don't feel the same way about her, you owe it to her to tell her so she doesn't go on hoping one day you'll see her. Chris... she loves you so much and she's loved you so long, I don't think she can handle it if you start something and then change your mind. So be really sure what you want before you start this," She was honest with her son and he nodded his head, knowing she was right.

It was only a few more minutes until everyone exited the ride and Chris immediately found his eyes on Blake. She had Miles on her back while Ethan held her hand and they all were laughing hysterically. Carly saw her brother watching the beautiful and vibrant woman and went over to whisper in his ear, "Good mommy material."

She expected for her brother to tell her to shut up but instead found him saying, "She's going to be the best mom."

"Uncle Chris!" Miles climbed off Blake's back and ran to him. "Someone in line thought Auntie Blakey was one of the princesses."

A kind smile appeared on Chris' face as he lifted Miles up onto his shoulders and he rested his little hands on top of his Uncle's head. The large group of Evans plus Blake's mom were all standing around, talking about if they should go get dole whips now or head to Fantasyland first, but to Chris, the only thing going on to him was Blake standing across from him in the group.

"Auntie Blakey is nothing like a Disney princess," Chris started.

Blake felt her heart drop and was laser focused on his words. She felt a knot twist in her stomach and she waited for some joke about how princesses don't eat a whole bag of cheetos at midnight, or that their wardrobe isn't mostly sweatpants, and tee shirts, or that they are so clumsy that they trip on their own feet, but the words that came out of his mouth next shocked her.

"Auntie Blakey is a lot more fun and passionate than most of the princesses and has a better sense of humor and better comebacks than any of them. She's more loving, compassionate and loyal than any princess. And Blakey is a lot prettier than any princess I've ever seen," Chris' blue eyes were fixed on her brown eyes while he spoke. "So no, I don't think she's anything like a Disney princess, she's a lot better."

Everyone's eyes at this point were on Blake, wondering how she would respond but she just dropped to her knee to retie the laces on her tennis shoes to hide the tears that were trying to gather in her eyes but she was able to blink back.

She wanted him so badly to think that, but hearing the words and feeling the effect without him loving her back the way that she so desperately loved him made the words feel like torture. Scott recognized the response and bailed Blake out.

"Also Blake isn't like a Disney princess because there aren't any that have a butterfly tramp stamp," Scott teased while giving her a nudge as she finished tying her shoes and it caused her to wobble and almost fall over.

"Shut up Scotty!" Blake stood up and turned to smack him with her backpack that only caused him to laugh harder.

"I want a dole whip! Let's go before Blake beats up Scotty," Shanna decided while moving the group along.

They all followed her through the crowds but Scotty held up the back with Blake and put an arm around the girl who was like his sister and quietly asked, "You okay?"

"Yeah," She nodded. "Thanks for bailing me out and covering for me."

"Who said I was bailing you out? I was serious, no princess would have your tramp stamp," He kept teasing, making her roll her eyes and smack him in the chest.

Blake kept walking at the back of the group but felt her heart tighten in her chest as she watched Chris with Miles on his broad shoulders. Her mind was filled with the fantasy of them coming here one day with their own kids, and their son would be the one on Chris' shoulders. They would stand in line and play games with their cousins while Chris would wrap his arms around her waist and put his bearded prickly chin on her shoulder. They'd all watch the fireworks together and Chris would kiss her and she'd tell him that she wouldn't want to be anywhere but there with him. Her heart so longed for this fantasy but she knew it wasn't possible. Chris had never noticed her, he said from his own mouth to Sebastian that she was 'just Blake' and that was all she'd ever be to him.

She tried desperately to push these thoughts from her mind and enjoy the last day they all were spending here together. They got their dole whips and headed on their way to do their last few favorite rides and pictures before they had to leave. When it finally was time to walk out of the park, moans and whines were coming from the group, mostly coming from the adults, as they stood at the castle.

Everyone was standing around, talking and lingering while looking at Carly's phone that they had just taken some group pictures on. While this was happening, Chris put his big hand on the small of Blake's back, getting her attention.

The two were a few steps back from the group and Chris looked down into Blake's eyes. He never knew how he didn't see this before. How he didn't see her. She was the most beautiful, fun, talented, hilarious, special girl he had ever met and he without a shadow of a doubt that she had become more than his best friend and he couldn't hold it in anymore.

Chris put his big hands on either side of her face gently as he brought their lips together without warning. Blake didn't react at first from sheer shock but when she realized what was happening, she thought that she would be feeling like all her dreams were coming true... but she didn't feel that way at all.

She was confused by the kiss. Less than a week ago she overheard him tell Sebastian that she was "just Blake" and yesterday he flirted with another girl right in front of her and today he's kissing her. He didn't even talk to her or ask if she wanted him to kiss her and he jeopardized their life long friendship without so much as a word. She had loved him so long that for some reason this all felt like some cruel joke.

As all of this ran through her head, she pulled away from Chris and slapped him. Chris stood in front of her with his jaw dropped, completely confused by her reaction. The family all stood staring at the scene, shocked and confused that Chris had mustered the courage to kiss her but even more shocked by Blake's response.

"Chris, w-what the hell?" Blake shouted as tears immediately started flowing from her eyes. "How could you do this to me?"

And with that, she turned and walked away with tears streaming down her cheeks. Chris watched helplessly as Scott chased after her and he was left standing there, completely dumbfounded with an intense pain in his heart.