Chapter eleven

I spoke with Lily last night and she informed me of how she met Finn on one of his visits to the city. She knew straight away that he was her mate and tried persistently to speak to him.

"He'd always ignore me, never paid me the time of day. It used to irritate me so much." She laughed as her eyes filled with past memories, a sad and fleeting smile crossing her lips.

"Then he disappeared for a month. It was absolute hell. I was terrified I'd never see him again. I walked the route I met him daily, hoping to see his familiar face and would be flooded with disappointment every time I didn't see him. Then one day as I was walking along the same road, I saw him again. He ignored me similar to the last time and even got quite snappy when I followed him into the village but I didn't know what else to do! I couldn't chance loosing him again. I was so caught up that I ended up falling over a basket left on the footpath and twisting my ankle, and instead of walking away he sighed over-dramatically and reluctantly agreed to carry me back to my house, where I managed to convince him to watch a movie with me and then the rest is history."

I sighed deeply, invested in the romance of how they met.

"That sounds so romantic."

She giggled lowly. "Please! That's nothing compared how you met Isaac."

I rolled my eyes. "In the middle of a vampire attack and then I ran away." I scowled and she laughed, her eyes light and airy compared to the furious deep blue I had seen on the first day. Since we both figured out how were connected, theres something of an unspoken trust between us. She seemed to fully trust me and had adapted a new respect as her Luna, which unnerved me to say the least.

"Our alpha has been waiting a long time. I'm glad it's someone like you." She said quietly, her legs dangling off the side of the bed.

I too went silent, before hesitantly asking. "Could you tell me a little about him?"

She leaned back on the silk covers, humming in response. "How would I describe him? First of all he's a very powerful and respected leader, as he gained the power to lead one of the main ten packs in the country. He trained relentlessly and is unbeaten in combat in both wolf and human form. He took over from his father at the age of 18, which is remarkably young as alphas normally take over well into their late twenties. Therefore when he took over, he was challenged by people who equated his age to a lack of power and ability. However, he was very quick to prove his capabilities as a leader and as a fighter."

I stayed silent as she spoke proudly of her alpha. I couldn't lie, the picture painted of Isaac was one that intimidated me. I was by no means powerful and as a nymph, I also didn't have a very violent nature. Was he disappointed that I wasn't a wolf? That I wasn't raised with the same virtues and beliefs? Almost sending my unease, Lily said, "but he's also just a man, a man who's been without his mate for four years. He's a fearless and sometimes ruthless leader if need be, but he's also caring and compassionate to the ones he cares about."

I nodded, trying to get a grasp on the information. We sat in silence for a few moments before the door was silently swung open by Cavin who raised a single eyebrow.

"It's time to go back to your room, love." He said and I nodded slowly, getting to my feet. He led me out of the room and into mine.

I turned slowly, letting a slow smile cross my lips and he raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"I was just wondering if I could go outside tomorrow? I haven't been outside in a few days."

He looked away, deep in thought as he contemplated it before shrugging. "Sure, what's the worst that could happen? I'll accompany you tomorrow morning."

I wanted to hop up and down as the words registered. If I got outside, I could easily ask one of the birds to take a note to Isaac. Cavin stilled, sensing my excitement.

"You're not planning to try and run away are you?" He asked skeptically and I quickly shook my head.

"No, I'm just excited to see the gardens." I lied and he nodded slowly before he stopped again and leaned in towards me. I flinched backwards but his face was beside mine in mere seconds. I could feel his hot Breath fan my face as my body wanted to recoil in discomfort.

"Wear something pretty for me?" He whispered and I could barely form coherent thought as a wave of fear hit me. I nodded meekly and he pulled back, grinning.

He turned and left and I could still feel his breath on my face. I felt a cold chill run through my body and suddenly I felt exhausted. The mental fatigue was catching up to me physically and I just wanted to cry. I couldn't gather the energy to fight off the negative thoughts so I let it overwhelm me. Everything was just too overwhelming and different. Isaac was different too, but in a good way, in a way that lit up my soul and made me feel all giddy but also panicked and confused. But this, this made me feel stripped back and vulnerable to the point that I just cried. Silent tears ran down my face as I longed for home, or even Esmerelda and Finn. I longed for safety, a feeling I had taken for granted until it was stolen from me. I laid back on the soft velvet sheets silently, staring up at the dark ceiling as silent tears ran down my life. I didn't know what I wanted. Did I want Isaac or did I want Arden? Did I want the excitement and love for the mate bond or did I want home?

-//
For those asking, yet she's going to escape soon!! In the next two chapters or so. Also there will be an Isaac's p.o.v in the near future! Thanks for reading and leave a vote if you enjoyed this chapter ♥️🥰