Chapter 14

Isaac's p.o.v

I sat, my back against the desk as I stared blankly ahead at the office door. The room was in chaos but I didn't even see it. I felt void of any emotion at this stage, or any emotion that managed to trickle in only reminded me of my mate's bright green eyes as she was dragged away from me, and that was all the initiative I needed to push out any emotion.

The desk was overturned and there were papers scattered all over the room. The walls had also fallen victim to my anger and were lined with holes that I had repeatedly hit in my rage. All I wanted, all I so desperately wished for was to have my mate with me, to run my fingers through her golden locks and tell her that I'd never let her go again.

A knock resonated through the room and I heard Allen's sigh from the other side of the wood.

"Alpha you've been holed up here for days. You need to get some air."

I didn't respond, my mind was in a state of deterioration, I couldn't distinguish if it was too full of too empty anymore so I tried to focus on nothing, to grasp onto emptiness and hope that it distracted me from the pain raging in my soul.

"Alpha, I think you should look at this." He sighed and I didn't even move until the next sentence came out of his mouth and I was at the door in seconds, throwing it open with a force that sent it flying into the wall with a loud bang.

"It's about the Luna."

He held a small note in his hands, wrapped in twine. He handed it to me silently and I all but ripped it open and drank in the words that would lead me to her.

Isaac, I'm somewhere just outside of South Dakota, in a manor somewhere near the woods. I know that's not much to go on but that's all I know. Lily is with me, your pack member. I'm okay but I'm running out of time and I need your help.

I'm sorry I ran away when we met. I was terrified. I know you must have questions and I promise I will answer as many as I can when I see you.

Aurora

My stony eyes met Allen's. "How was this delivered??"

Allen scratched his neck nervously. "A bird delivered it."

It took a moment for his words to register but when they did, I began to laugh so hard that it hurt my stomach. My little love, had gotten a bird to deliver a note? The thought made me grin widely.

"Are the warriors ready?"

Allen nodded. "Yes Alpha, they've been on stand-by for the last few days on your order."

I nodded. "I'm going to contact one of the sub packs to meet us. I have a rough idea where she is based on information from all the sub-packs. There's a manor of vampires by the woods here." I said, holding out a map towards Allen where I had outlined the places I thought she might of been.

I pointed at one of the large red circles. "I think she's here."

Allen's lip quirked up. "Well let's go get our Luna."

A new fire ignited within me and I pictured the brigh green eyes and gentle smile of a girl I had only held once.

"Yeah, let's do that."

-/-

Miriam squealed as we raced down the dirt road. We had fled the manor and now were running like headless chickens.

"The nearest town, we can hide there. The wolves will need to pass through there and we can meet them." Miriam said as we all pushed ourselves to run faster.

Both lily and I could run very fast, Lily having her wolf genes and I could easily outrun both of them with the speed of a nympyh. Miriam didn't have the same speed so she was currently on Lily's back who was still in wolf form. We were making good progress but I was still worried that the vampires would catch up and paranoid was beginning to eat away at me. I could only hope that Isaac found the town before the vampires found us. Finally, we reached the entrance of a small town, similar to Littlewood.

The town was quiet, thankfully. There was a long stretch of road with houses littered here and there before it closed in further down the road and held markets and facilities. Miriam hopped off of Lily's back before motioning for us to follow her. She Came to a stop outside a little grocery shop but instead of entering through the front, she opened the side gate and there was a little alley leading to the back of the house.

Miriam knocked on the door and a woman opened it, her eyes widening at the sight of us.

"Oh dear, Miriam. What's going on?"

Miriam looked up at her, courage shining through her dark blue eyes. I noticed in that moment how much strength she held. She had been captured and forced into that way of living for five years and yet she remained resilient and fought for her freedom. My eyes drifted over to Lily and again I felt my chest fill with pride. Not only had I made friends, I had two devoted warriors by my side. I felt a connection that I never thought I would feel outside of Arden. I wanted to protect these two.

"There are wolves coming in the next few hours. We need a place to stake out. Andrea, this is it. The high council will be involved and finally, the vampires will leave the town."

The older woman, Andrea sighed. She had tanned skin and dark locks pulled up into a tight bun. I could tell she was a no-nonsense woman and she nodded tightly, opening the door to allow us entry.

"Will the vampires be after you?"

Miriam nodded and Andrea called out into the hallway until two men appeared, they were in their early twenties and I could see the resemblance they had to Andrea.

"I want you two to go around and inform the rest of the town that there's a stakeout. Anyone who saw these three come into this shop, do not tell the vampires. We have to hide them for a few hours until their people collect them. This is the chance we've been waiting for, we can finally see the old town revived as new."

The two men nodded and left promptly, grabbing their jackets as they left. I could feel the tension bubbling up in the room, but Andrea turned and offered us a relaxed smile.

"So, you finally escaped those fuckers, huh?"

She made her way over to the little kitchen. I took the time to look around briefly, realizing we couldn't be spotted from where we were, hidden at the back of the shop. She turned the kettle on and turned back to us. Her eyes were hard and her shoulders tense. But there was an underlying emotion running through the room, one that everyone felt and desperately clinged onto.

Hope.