Chapter 27

Isaac was busy preparing for the court date so I spent my time with Esme and Finn, feeling as I'd been drifting away from them lately.

"Oh my god, let's go to the cinema." I looked up in curiosity, as Id never actually been to the cinema before. I'd heard about it yes but had never actually experienced it. Esme shot up, clasping her hands together.

"There's a movie out right now called The Nun."

I frowned. "What's it about?" Finn stood beside Esme, grinning mischievously. "It's a nice comedy."

"Oh, let's go see that then."

-/-

"FINN THIS IS NOT A COMEDY." I shrieked as I shielded my eyes from the screen. Why I had trusted them was beyond me as my two best friends cackled in the seats beside me. They of course knew that I hated anything to do with horror. But apparently I was the source of entertainment.

"Oh she's eating it." Finn chucked and I squealed, choosing to hide between the seats on the ground.

"Shhhhhhhh." Came an angry lady's reply from behind me and finally having enough, I left the theatre and chose to wander the center as the cinema was located in the middle of a large shopping center. My long blonde hair was down as I strolled around the center leisurely. I had my phone so I could easily contact Finn and Esme if I needed.

A small shop caught my eye, as I noticed dream catchers hanging on the outside. As soon as I stepped in, I was surrounded by the smell of lavender incense burning. The back of the shop was filled with different types of crystals and I approached them, sifting through them in curiosity. Crystals were used back in Arden for healing and spiritual properties. There was something oddly nostalgic about the shop. I noticed bottles of rose water and homemade soaps. There was something reminiscent of Arden.

"Can I help you love?" Came a voice and I turned to meet the eyes of a handsome guy. His eyebrows quirked up, a playful smile gracing his lips. 

"Oh no I was just looking." I smiled softly and he nodded. "Well let me know if you need any help." He said and walked to sit on the till, his eyes following her.

She picked up a rose quartz, turning it over and his voice was heard again. "Rose quartz, its soothing color calms feelings of anger or resentment, and can aid efforts to meditate and reflect."

She tossed him a smile. "I know my crystals. It used to be a big part of my life back in Ard...." she tossed him a smile. "Actually you know what, nevermind."

He grinned. "Now you've sparked my curiosity. For a second there I thought you were going to say Arden. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?"

The crystal she held fell to the ground and clattered against the wooden floor.

His smile widened. "Seems like my intuition was right."

"Kai what are you doing?" Came a female voice and a woman entered from the back of the shop. As soon as her eyes landed on me, they widened in surprise.

"Clarissa."

My heat stopped.

That was my mom.

-/-

"Hey, Aurora hasn't come back." Esme whispered, looking around the small theatre before she felt something stir in her. She sat up, her nerves on a high. "We've to go."

Call it intuition but she felt like something had happened to Aurora. She made her way out of the small theatre, pulling her new phone out of her phone.

"Hello?" Aurora's voice seemed unsure and that only served to make her feel more uneasy.

"Where are you?" Esme asked and Aurora sighed deeply. "I'm just around the corner at the coffee shop."

"Okay I'll be there in two seconds." Esme had a feeling something had happened even if Aurora wasn't saying it.

-/-

I stared at my coffee wordlessly. I ran the scenes that had just happened through my mind again and again.

"You know my mother?" I asked and the woman nodded, her eyes still wide with shock.

"Knew her? I was her best friend. We fled Arden together."

I fidgeted with my fingers, unsure of what to do. "And my mother?"

Her face fell, her eyes overtaken by the memory of a horrible night. "I think.. I think she is still alive. Not long after Arden she disappeared. Not a word, no warning. It was strange, I don't know the whole story."

I looked down to the ground. "But I do know something. There was a vampire who had an eye on her for a long time. He very well might have something to do with it."

Fear ran through my body as I tried to imagine what had happened to my mother, had she met the same fate as I? If Isaac hadn't come I might as well be in the same situation.

'She might be alive' I reminded myself feeing a slight sense of hope. I looked up again.

"I didn't know there were nymphs who lived outside of Arden."

The guy shared a look with what I presumed was his mother. It was him that spoke, a mischievous grin on his face, his eyes lit up.

"Oh love, there's an entire society of us."

-/-

Idk wtf this book is anymore but it's slowly coming to an end I think