Chapter 23

I woke early, just as the morning sun was rising over the horizon. I gave myself a few moments to take in the sky, watching in awe as the vibrant streaks of gold and cerise melted into each other. Finally I made my way to my closet and picked out some clothes which I deemed appropriate to fight in.

I dressed in all dark clothing, black skin tights leggings and a form fitting black shirt. Then I tied my long golden hair up into a high ponytail. I didn't know what the day had planned out for me, but I stared back at my reflection in determination. I was not that scared little nymph sneaking out of the city anymore. I had survived the vampires, I had grown both mentally and physically.

I sighed deeply before going down to grab something to eat. To my surprise Isaac was in the kitchen when I came in, flipping pancakes on the pan. Surprisingly it seemed to going well. I grinned, seeing the apron tied around his waist. 'Kiss the chef,' he motioned towards it playfully. "What do you think?"

"I think you look stupid." I laughed as he winked again, before flipping the pancake. "I wanted to make you breakfast for your first time training."

I smiled softly. He genuinely seemed to think this would be good for me. Either he was really naive or he was simply blinded by her. Given I only knew a little about their history, I didn't know what previous affect she'd had on him. I only knew that I wouldn't give him up.

He slid over a plate to me and I took it gratefully tasting the fluffy goodness and letting out a happy sigh. "This is heaven."

"Well eat your fill, you'll need it for today." I heard a light laugh come into the room and I turned, seeing dark red hair. Gloria stood in the doorway, watching us with a hint of a smile. I was taken off guard, not expecting her to be nice. But what did I expect? Her to come in raving with Isaac in the room?

She offered me a half smile. "Go easy on her Gloria, although she is faster than any wolf from what I've seen. My little mate can outrun even my fastest warrior." He said, leaning to poke my nose.

She hummed. "Speed can only get you so far if you don't know how to fight." She walked past us, out the door. "I'll be at the training grounds when you're ready."

I turned to Isaac, raising an eyebrow. "Don't worry, it'll just be you two and she is genuinely one of my pack's greatest warriors. You're in good hands."

I grimaced slightly and he took this as a sign for nerves, ruffling my hair and offering me a full smile that tugged on my heart strings. At the very least I would hopefully learn some combat skills.

-:-

The first thing that caught my eye when I reached the training grounds was that it most definitely was not just me and her. There were wolves fighting in the corner, and I immediately picked up on how experienced they were as they moved with speed and grace, their movements swift and smooth.

Gloria stood in the middle and I walked in just in time to see her flip a wolf over her shoulder. She stood stiffly, throwing him a cold glare.

"Could you make your movements any easier to read?"

He huffed, moving to attack and she simply sidestepped him and caught his shoulder, grabbing it and pulling back so that a sickening snap resonated through the air. I grimaced as her eyes met mine, dark and observing. It made a shiver run down my spine but I stood my ground, matching her stare.

"Finally decide to come?" She asked in a very obviously confessing tone and I ignored her words, continuing to walk towards her slowly. From what I had gathered, only a select few knew of my true nature. Which means nobody in the room was aware of the speed and of natural Instincts I possessed.