Simon's P.O.V.

I chuckled as May tucked herself into my neck. Dr. Elizabeth Rooney was intimidating, but I wouldn't trust anyone else with my baby's health.

"How are you, Simon?" She said, smiling warmly as she came in.

"A bit sleep deprived, I'm afraid," I told her as the three of us made our way into the living room.

I sat in the recliner and positioned May on my chest, much to her disapproval. Eliza took the couch.

"What seems to be the issue?" She asked gently. I sighed, stroking May's hair softly.

"She isn't sleeping, she won't let me put her down, she won't eat unless I force her," I trail off as May whines and tugs on my shirt.

Just in the past few minutes, she had slipped so deeply into her headspace. Maybe it was because she was so new to it that she kept fluctuating so much in age.

"What is it, darling?" I cooed to her as she mouthed on the collar of my t-shirt.

"Does May like skin-to-skin contact?" Eliza asked me. I looked up at her questioningly.

"She does. She really likes my chest a lot." I told her.

Eliza watched us carefully as May wrapped her little fingers around one of my thumbs.

"Can I see how she reacts when she is against your chest, without your shirt that is."

"Of course," I told her, confused but trusting.

I handed May briefly to Eliza as I removed my shirt. She, of course, did not appreciate that and cried pitifully.

I was quick to take her back and cuddled her against my chest.

May immediately stopped crying and curled her fingers into my chest hair. My eyes darted up to Eliza anxiously, but to my surprise, she did not seem weirded out. If anything, she looked relieved.

"Oh, Simon," She chastised teasingly. "Your baby is too young for the food you're trying to feed her. Also, she is trying to bond with you in a more intimate way then I think you realize."

"What is it that I need to do for her, then?" I asked her, bouncing May up and down a bit, making her giggle tiredly.

"Simon," Eliza said meaningfully.

"You need to breastfeed her."