VII

Aurora's POV:
[Day of Ruel's Show]

Last night Melody and I stayed in the same hotel as Ruel and his crew. Obviously in a different room, but it's right next to theirs.

Right now we are getting ready to leave for his show, and like always, i'm ready before Mel.

[Aurora's Outfit]

I jump when I hear knocking on the hotel door

I jump when I hear knocking on the hotel door. "I got it!" I call out to Melody. I open the door without looking through the peephole, hoping it's not someone trying to kidnap us. I mentally sigh in relief when I see Ruel.

He immediately grins when he sees me. "Hey princess."

I hug him first this time and wrap my arms around his waist. "Hey dork."

He pouts but doesn't say anything about the name I called him. "You guys ready to leave?"

I open my mouth to speak when a voice from behind me does. "Yep! Ready!" Melody hands me my bag and walks out the door, smirking at me on the way.

Ruel slings his arm over my shoulders as we make our way out of the hotel.

That's new.

He leans down to whisper in my ear. "You look really beautiful by the way."

I blush and look up at him. "Thank you."

He does his half smirk.

When we make it outside, i'm immediately met with bright flashes and loud voices.

Paparazzi.

"Shit." Ruel mumbles. He pulls me closer to him protectively. I wince and bring my hand up to cover my eyes. I hear the paparazzi yelling out to him, asking multiple questions at a time.

One catches my attention.

"Are the rumors true? Are you and Aurora Evans dating?"

The bodyguards create a path for us and we eventually make it into the limo. Melody is already there waiting.

How does he do that everyday?"

"Are you okay?" Ruel asks, sounding guilty and concerned.

I nod and send him a reassuring smile. "Yeah i'm fine."

"That was wild." Melody says, looking out at all the people still there taking pictures as we drive away. "How do you do that?" She asks Ruel.

He shrugs and runs his hand through his hair. "You get used to it I guess."

It takes us half an hour to reach the place where he'll be performing. We talk about random things the whole way.

Ruel grabs onto my hand and helps me out of the car. Melody follows after.