XV

Aurora's Pov:

"Promise me you'll call everyday?"

Ruel chuckles and tucks my hair behind my ear. "I swear Rory."

I frown and pull him in for yet another hug.

Right now we're at the airport. It's been a week since he told me about the tour. I had to go home in between then and now but Ruel asked me to be here when he leaves.

He kisses the top of my head and tightens his grip around me. "I'll miss you."

I sigh and nuzzle my face into his chest. "I'll miss you more."

"Last call for Gate C7."

"I gotta go baby." Ruel says softly.

I reluctantly pull away and bite my lip, trying to hold back the tears. "Okay." I whisper.

He leans down and places one last kiss on my lips.
"I love you."

I smile sadly. "I love you."

He steps back and hesitantly turns around, not before blowing me a kiss.

Coco comes up beside me and wraps her arm around my shoulders. "He'll be back before you know it."

If only that were true.

[]

"Aurora, can you come down here for a second?" My mom yells from downstairs.

I sigh and slowly get up from my bed, which is where i've been the past day. Ruel only left yesterday and i'm already acting all depressed.

"Yes mom?" I ask as I enter the kitchen.

She sends me a small smile. "Your father has been asking to meet with you."

My eyes widen. "What?"

It's been a week since he's left. When I got back from Ruel's house last week, he was already gone. No goodbye. Nothing.

"He wants to talk with you."

Yeah, okay.

I slowly shake my head and take a step back. "Tell him I said no thanks."

My moms eyes soften and she grabs onto my arms. "Sweetie, maybe it's a good idea. Get some things off your chest. Tell him how you feel."

That's what Ruel said.

Maybe talking to him will help me feel better. I can tell him how angry I am and how betrayed I feel. How my life would've been different if he'd actually been there as my father.

"Okay, i'll do it."

When i'm finally back up to my room, I notice that I had three missed calls and a couple text messages.

3 Missed FaceTime Calls From 'ruel🖤'

ruel🖤
princesssss

ruel🖤
answer plz

ruel🖤
i miss you

I smile at the texts and quickly call him back before he freaks out. The first thing I see is his pouty face.

I giggle. "Hi."

"What took you so long." He asks grumpily.

"Calm down lanky boy, I was talking to my mom."