XIV

Aurora's POV:

My eyes widen at Ruel's confession.

"W-What?" I ask in disbelief, sitting up on the bed.

Ruel follows and slides his arms around my waist. "I. Love. You." He says slowly and quietly.

I'm too shocked to say anything. I'd probably still be shocked even if he repeated it ten more times.

"Please say something." Ruel whispers nervously, tightening his grip around me.

I shake my head and turn towards him. He's looking at me as if his life depends on my next words.

"I love you too."

My voice is just above a whisper and i'm worried he didn't hear me, until all of a sudden he gently yanks me backwards onto him with a wide grin. "Really?"

I giggle at his adorable reaction. "Really."

He leans down and places kisses all over my face. "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you." Ruel says in between each kiss.

"Okay, okay! I get it Ruel."

He finally stops and nuzzles his face into my neck.
"Say it again."

I run my fingers through his hair. "I love you, Ruel van Dijk."

He sighs in content. "I love you more Aurora Evans."

[]

It's later the same day. Only a few hours left until I have to leave. Ruel and I went out for ice cream and took a walk along the beach. Now we're back at his house.

Coco and Sylvie are home now too.

"You need to tell her Ruel, don't wait until the last minute." I hear Sylvie say to Ruel as I walk into the living room.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, making both of them snap their heads towards me in surprise.

I look between the two curiously when Sylvie sends Ruel a look. She stands up and smiles at me. "Yeah, everything's fine. I'll be in my room if you need anything."

I nod and once she's gone, I turn back to Ruel, who's deep in thought. "Are you okay?" I take a seat on the couch next to him.

He runs his hands through his hair. "I got asked on tour again."

My eyes widen and I smile. "Ruel that's amazing!" I throw my arms around him for a hug. "I'm so proud of you."

His arms immediately go around my waist and he holds on tightly. He sighs and that's when I notice how unenthusiastic he is. I reluctantly pull away.

"Tell me what's wrong. Why don't you seem excited about this?"

He bites his lip. "I'll be gone for three months."

I frown.
Three months?
That's a long time for a tour.
I realize why he's upset now.

"Ruel, don't worry about that. This tour will be amazing for your career. We will be fine no matter what." I reassure him.

He still doesn't look convinced.

"We'll FaceTime and text everyday. It's only three months, we can make it." I run my fingers through his soft hair.

"Okay." He whispers.

I smile and lean forward to kiss him, hiding the fact that i'm more upset than i'm showing.

How am I gonna get through this without him here with me?