A decision to make

"Get out of here!" Roka moaned and tried to push the Master through the door. He didn't budge the slightest though and just laughed at her.

"I'll just take a quick scan. Knowing you there could be all sorts of weapons in here..."

She gave up and crossed her arms while he moved around with a small box in his hand. It didn't make any noises, so whatever it was programmed to find, it wasn't in here.

"Uhm... That's a Shraggar heart... you do know they are highly radioactive, right?"

"Yeah... and that hook in it prevents it from leaking out," she answered peevish. "Now get out. I don't want you in..."

"Where in the universe do they sell Dalek plushies?" The Master grabbed the thing from one of the pillows and turned it all around.

"Nowhere!" Roka snapped at him and snatched the Dalek out of his hands. "I made it..." she added mumbling.

"You... made a plush of one of the most dangerous... alright... I won't ask." He raised his hands for a moment and grinned, turned around and took a look at the book shelves on the wall. "Hm... Lovecraft... Crefonic poetry... Poe..." He took out one tome and opened it.

Roka snatched it away, throwing a very mean glance at him. "I can't stop you from sniffing around in the TARDIS... But. Get. Out. Of. My. Room!" She poked a finger at his chest with every word. His grin got only wider though.

"Never thought it would be so easy to upset you." But with that he finally left, giggling to himself like a dumb teenager.

Roka slammed the door shut and stared angrily at it for another few seconds, before she slowly relaxed again. Turning around she soaked in the atmosphere. It felt like an eternity since she had been in here. The walls were plastered with "The round things" as the Doctor used to call them. They bathed everything in a warm, orange glow. The room itself was just large enough for a comfy bed, a desk with a PC and some shelves that were filled with books and souvenirs from adventures.

With a loud sigh she dropped onto the bed, took her shoes off and buried herself under every blanket she could reach. The familiar smell and the feeling of being home. How much she had missed it. Not even the fact that the Master was in the TARDIS and the Doctor still imprisoned in the old facility could change this short moment of peace. A wave of tiredness overcame her and she didn't resist it.

Again though Roka snapped awake not long after. The clock revealed that it hadn't even been an hour, but it was impossible to fall asleep again. Not with this strange threatening feeling, that was creeping up her neck. If only she could remember those nightmares. Then she could at least do something against them.

Instead she went outside to get a coffee. It was strange to move through the TARDIS like this. All doors she hadn't access to just vanished as soon as she came closer and were only visible to her from the corner of the eye. Always out of reach.

Next she found herself in the library, strolling through the shelves, picking out books here and there, only to put them back again shortly after. Her mind refused to focus on anything, so she just sat down next to the swimming pool and let her feet dangle in the cold water while lying on her back.

Nothing made sense anymore.

The Master had everything needed to escape earth. Heck! He could even leave the Doctor in that room and just wait until he starved, or something like that. And why did he keep her, Roka, in here? It was so strange... It hadn't felt like one of his usual empty threats. Something must have changed his mind. But wasn't it utterly pointless wanting to grasp the logic of a mad man?