Dinner for three

Roka had always spent a lot of time inside the library. But now it might have been a little bit more than usual. She told herself the reason was that she didn't want the Master to get too bored, and therefore tempted to set his surroundings on fire. Well, it was indeed a valid reason.

To her surprise it was quiet in the library when she entered this time. Nothing loud blaring from some corner. And her biggest surprise was to find the Master on his back, sprawled over the sofa and peacefully sleeping.

Two thoughts shot through Roka's head.

The first was more a slight satisfaction that she had finally found out if Time Lords actually ever slept at all.

The second made her ponder whether or not to throw a pillow at him. Just for the sake of it.

Instead she only watched for a short while, fascinated by how calm he looked. And maybe marveling at him for a tiny bit more than she wanted to admit. But then she picked up one of the pillows, that used to clutter the sofa and were now strewn all around it, and sneaked closer, wearing a mischievous grin. She wouldn't throw the thing, only let it drop on his face.

Careful not to make any noise she held up her arms and was about to let go, when suddenly the Master swiped Roka off her feet with a movement she couldn't even see. Squeaking she let the pillow fall and suddenly got grabbed once more, firmly, and somehow found herself not only lying completely on top of him, but also blinking perplex into his amused face.

"No manners," he taunted with a very awake grin, his grip around her only getting stronger when she struggled.

Finally Roka gave up and instead folded her arms on his chest to rest her chin on them, all while trying to murder the Master with her gaze alone. It only made him chuckle and she wasn't able to be anything even close to peeved.

"Pff... okay, you won," she surrendered. His heartbeat drummed against her chest, making her close her eyes for a moment, but then open one again. "Satisfy my curiosity... how much do you guys sleep?"

The Master let go of Roka and folded his arms behind his head and yawned. "Not much. An hour or two. And not necessarily every day." He shrugged, then grinned widely at her.

"What's so funny?" She squinted her eyes at him.

"Och, just thought... I quite enjoy you up there," he smiled from ear to ear and gave her a very suggestive eyebrow wiggle.

Roka's eyes darted sideways and she contemplated if he would let her leave or not. But she was more in the mood for being cheeky.

"I completely trust you, superior Time Lord, to be in full control of those primal and totally unworthy biological urges," she said dramatically and poked out her tongue at him.

The befuddled look on his face was definitely reward enough. Although not a second later he threw his head back and laughed out loud, making Roka smirk satisfied.

It went so fast, she wasn't quite sure how exactly it happened, but only a moment later she suddenly found herself laying on her back, the Master kneeling above her with the widest grin. Somehow he also had gripped both of her wrists and held them to the sides of her head, making it practically impossible for her to move at all.

"Oh... I am," he cheered and leaned down closer to her. "Question is... human... are you?"

Her heart pounded so madly in her chest, it was hard to think at all. She swallowed and did her best to appear unfazed. "Yah, pretty sure 'bout that," she mocked, her voice slightly higher than intended.