The Doctor

Eventually Roka hopped onto a free spot on the console and watched the Master while he put the last modifications to the Vortex Manipulator. All of this felt still weird and a bit surreal to her. From one day to the next everything had changed between them, making her wonder what was going on inside his weird, twisted mind. Did he even know himself? Or was he as much confused by all of this as she was?

Roka winced surprised when he suddenly was in front of her. "Daydreaming?" He grinned up, and leaned closer, hands at the console to both of her sides. "Of me?"

She blushed and tried to look away, without being able to suppress a smirk. "You really despise my personal space, eh?"

"Indeed, I declare it a new enemy of mine," he said with a childish grin and leaned further against her.

With an amused glint she pushed him away. "Stop flirting with me."

The Master snickered and grabbed her with both arms around her waist, pulling her down from the console. "No. It's way too much fun for now. Especially since it makes you so uneasy."

She pushed her hands against him to get free. "It... doesn't." Eventually though she gave up and instead dropped her head against him. "It's just... weird."

"Mhm, it is... I hope you're ashamed."

Roka chuckled. "Not even a bit."

"Tch, typical." The Master shoved her away, flicked her head and went to activate the TARDIS controls. When they landed he turned around, leaned against the console and waved Roka over.

"Here is what I will do. You won't like it, but neither do I. Which I guess makes us even." He took a deep breath and continued with a quick glance at the surrounding. "Giving up the TARDIS is out of the question. Won't do it. But I will go out there, let my guards retreat and I will unlock the library." When Roka cocked an eyebrow he smiled. "That's all. Won't have to see his stupid face and sooner or later he'll notice that no one comes to feed him."

So the Doctor would be trapped on earth. But at least as a free man. And there were still UNIT and Torchwood. It wasn't unlikely that he would one day find them somehow. Looking at the Master Roka saw that he probably had the same thought, as he cracked a smile.

"Yeah, he'll find a way to make trouble again. I honestly would be disappointed if not." He pushed himself away from the console and opened the doors.

They had landed in front of the building. Everything looked exactly the same, but now snow was falling from the sky.

"Uhm... how long have we been away?" Hadn't it been autumn when they had left?

"Och, maybe... two... or three months." The Master wore an innocent smile.

Of course. He couldn't just let his oldest enemy run without doing at least something bad to him. Roka decided not to do him the favor to comment on it. Instead she silently followed closely, remembering the guards and the fact that they got her position transmitted at any time.

"I hope they won't just shoot me," she grumbled and stepped closer to the Master.

"Not as long as you're with me. And if they do, I'll hop back in time and kill them all before we land," he said happily.

"You must be the only person who can say that and smile so widely." Roka grinned and at the same time felt a little bad for finding it funny. But she couldn't think too long about it.

Something was off... it was weirdly quiet and there were no lights and...

"Where are they anyway?" she pondered.