v

Harry was officially the best in his head at Transfiguration. Well... You could say the year but if you were to ask McGonagall she'd probably tell you he was the best in the first four years, considering his progress. In two lessons he had  managed to do what most struggle to do in three years. He had an exceptional amount of talent. It wasn't just in Transfiguration either. Harry was the best at everything, excluding History of Magic (where Hermione excelled, due to the fact she had a practically photographic memory). Draco couldn't be more proud of his firey haired friend.

The blonde was constantly asking to see what new spell he'd mastered, or what new thing he could brew or transfigure. He loved seeing his friend so proud of himself as he told his new friends his progress with bright eyes and a nearly surprised smile.

Harry couldn't believe it himself. He would tell Petunia how much he was doing, and how surprised he was that he could do these things at all, let alone so soon. Harry just still couldn't bring himself to believe himself to be special. Just because he had proof, didn't mean he could believe it. He had suffered through years of repeatedly being told he wasn't good enough, and that leaves a dent in your self worth. Petunia, though she tried so very hard, just couldn't break through to him with that. It's like when your parent tells you you're perfect, you just don't believe it, because 'they have to say that, they're my parent'.

"Harry... If seen the way you talk about it, and I want you to know that I honestly do believe you are the best wizard ever. Forget Dumbledore, or McGonagall, or Snape or even Merlin! I think you're the best. You're so talented, and I hope you know that." Draco said, attempting to get his friend to believe in himself, even if it was just a little bit. Harry have him a smile he meant to be consoling.
"Thank you, Dray." Harry pulled his friend into his arms before turning towards the stars again.

They were waiting to be let in to their astronomy class, slightly mystified by the fact that the school had the class, considering how late the students needed to be up for it. Harry was looking for one constellation in particular. When he found it he pointed it out to Draco.
"Look! That constellation, if you didn't know, is called Draco. It's supposed to be a dragon, hence it's name. I think it looks a bit snake like though..." Draco smiles at his friend as he rambled excitedly a little longer. The starts reflected in his eyes, and he couldn't draw his eyes away. He did, however, manage to draw the conclusion that if you looked hard enough you could actually find constellations in Harry's freckles. The thought happened to bring him quite a bit of joy as he tried to match his book to Harry's face throughout the lesson instead of the sky.

~ - ♣ - ~

"You'll write to me, won't you? While you're home for Christmas? I don't think I would cope with Mother and Father smothering me with biscuits if I didn't have you at least sending me letters Harry." The picture of Narcissa and Lucius -as they had requested Harry call them in their latest letter- forcing cookies down his best friend's throat whilst drowning him in icing and eggnog brought a smile to his speckled face.
"Of course Dray. I'll owl you as often as I can." Harry's hand toyed with the shrunken and walked gifts in his pocket. Harry had a talk with Cedric and managed to convince him to do some shopping for him.

He had looked through various catalogues of shops in Diagon Alley (as well as Knockturn Alley) to see if he could find something worthy of his friends, and thankfully he had found some things. He owned the shop owners and played for them in advance, he just needed Cedric to pick them up for him as first years didn't get to go on the Hogsmeade trip.

They were just getting out of the train (Draco handing back Anguis, much to her disappointment) when they noticed Draco's parents. Their hair stood out immediately and Draco dragged Harry over to greet them. After lots of smiles, hugs, kisses and a few tears from Narcissa the family (plus Harry) had reunited. They all said their farewells and the blonde trio disaperated. A large amount of Orange caught the corner of his eye, and Harry rushed over to say goodbye to the large group of Weasley's. He was talking to Fred and George when who he assumed to be their father turned to him.

"I don't think you're one of mine... You have the hair but I've already counted all seven kids... You're an extra... So, what's your name?" Harry offered a pale hand to be shaken.
"Harry Potter, Sir. I'm a friend of Ron and the twins." A happy smile crosses the man's face.
"Right! You grew up with muggles, right? What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?" Harry tried not to laugh.

"Little kids play with them in the bath so they don't get bored."
"Oh! Fascinating..." To Harry's surprise he actually seemed awed by the fact. Fred and George helped to fill in the blanks.
"Dad works in the Minestry,"
"And he does a lot of work about muggles,"
"So they fascinate him."

Harry went through the barrier with the large group and they all headed towards the exit to head home. Once he was through Harry started to look for his Aunt, only to be practically tackled into a flowery hug by the very woman he was looking for.
"Oh Harry how I've missed you! I'm so proud of you! You've done so well already this year I can tell you'll be a perfect little wizard. I can't wait to spend Christmas with you. They've gone already so we can start decorating together once we get home. I've fixed up your room for you. Let's get going yeah?" Harry just laughed and let his Aunt drag him to the car. He was one hundred and then percent certain this was going to be his best Christmas yet, and he was two hundred percent right.