xi

"Oh my Merlin, Pansy what do I do?!" Harry yells, practically hyperventilating.
"Get dressed for starters. You have ten minutes to get dressed, and then ten minutes to get to Cedric. We picked your outfit out yesterday, and Draco likes you just as much as you like him, so you have nothing to worry about. Get. Changed." pansy had that adamant time in her voice that meant she shouldn't be messed with. Knowing she would probably explode if he didn't, Harry changed into the black skinny jeans Pansy leant him and the green button up of Blaise's. He still didn't have muggle cloths that actually got him completely properly, so he had to borrow his friend's.

Pulling on Pansy's only pair of muggle trainers, he took deep, claiming breaths.
"I'm okay. It's going to be okay. Do I look alright?" Pansy only rolled her eyes and shoved him out of her room in response.
"Go. Right now."

Ten minutes later he was walking up to Cedric, obviously nervous. Cedric took Harry's arm and dragged him through some trees.
"Where are we going Ced?"
"Hagrid told me about this place. If you go through the trees in the right pattern it makes a clearing, and I've set up a picnic for you both. I've also left your brooms there for if you both want to fly after. Knowing you two you probably will."

As he finished his small rant the trees freaked and groaned, opening up a beautiful clearing. It was lightly grassy, with a small stream running through the middle. Resting against a tree on the far side of the clearing were both Harry and Draco's brooms. On the small bank by the stream there was a black, yellow and green blanket, and a basket sat on top of it.

Cedric pushed Harry towards the blanket and told him to sit down before leaving. Harry did as told and with nerves pumping through his bloodstream he waited to see his favourite blonde.

"H-hey, Harry." Harry had never heard Draco stutter before, but sweet Helga was it adorable.
"Hey, Dray. Come sit with me?" the moment he saw Draco any sense of nervousness faded away. He has always been comfortable with him, and that didn't change just because the situation changed. It seemed as though Draco felt the same, as when he say next to the ginger he visibly relaxed.

They picked at food and chatted idly. It felt exactly the same as it did in the common rooms - relaxed and simple. They knew eachother. They were used to eachother. That was what they were comfortable with; eachother.

The night was easy and tucked past quickly. Darkness fell all too soon, but they always did enjoy looking at the stars. In some places through the trees they could see the night sky, but it wasn't quite enough. They mounted their brooms and took to the sky.

Once they were above the trees they played back on their brooms, getting comfortable. They kept switching their gaze between the sky and eachother, and every time one would catch the other they would blush. They both felt a bit too far apart, so their hands connected. The sky was practically ignored at this point, simply looking at eachother.

Draco couldn't draw his eyes away from Harry's freckles, and Harry couldn't stop looking into Draco's eyes. Now this. This seemed familiar. This was usually how they spent most of their time in the common rooms, blissfully unaware the other was looking, just so deep in though about the other.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" Harry stated, so absentmindedly he almost didn't even realize he said it. A warm flush coated Draco's pale face, and then Harry had something else to look at.
"So are you."

*  .  °  •  ♣  •  °  .  *

It had been two weeks since their date, and the couple were as happy as ever. They didn't pause before kissing eachother on the cheek, or holding the others hand, or resting on the others lap. Physical actions, although they were comfortable before, seemed sweeter and easier to initiate.

"Harry?"
"Yeah Dray?"
"May I kiss you?" They hadn't shared their first kiss yet. They both wanted to, but has yet to actually do it. But now, with the beautiful look of concentration and fondness on Harry's face as he gently combs his fingers through Draco's ungelled hair, Draco couldn't help but ask.
"Yes."

Draco gracefully sat up in Harry's lap, and Harry gently took Draco's jaw in his hand. Harry leant toward and caught Draco's lips in a soft, close mouthed kiss. It was sweet, and conservative, but perfect in the eyes of the boys. Their lips moved gently against eachother, and their eyes slipped shut. Everything faded away, so it was only them. The common room was already empty, but now it seemed as though it wasn't even there. For the boys, all there was was eachother. When - after eight perfect seconds - they pulled away, they rested their foreheads together and their eyes stayed shut.

"I love you, Draco."
"I love you too, Harry." The most gentle smiles painted their way on both of their faces and they felt so content, just sat there together.

A/n This is a bit shorter than usual, but also a day earlier (to help make up for lost time). It's fluffy as hell, and I really enjoyed writing it. XP I hope you guys like it ♥