vii

Harry was finally back at Hogwarts. That Christmas had been his best one ever, but he was glad to be heading back. He had spent the two weeks with Remus and Petunia, getting a new bond formed between them and feeling like a makeshift family. It made him happy.

He was say in the Great Hall. He got there first out of the entirety of Hufflepuff, so he found himself watching the doors as his friends and housemates trickled in. A familiar Slytherin walked through the doors, and Harry barely had the time to register it before said Slytherin was in his arms.
"Harry! I missed you! We only got to write like 12 times. How are you? Did you have fun? Did you miss me too?" Harry had learnt Draco really liked to ramble. He could go on for days. His mother and father, although traditional, didn't want to force their son to be something he wasn't, and thus allowed him to be himself. Harry was glad about that, otherwise he knew Draco wouldn't be rambling about how his Christmas tree looked, nor would he be hugging Harry so tightly, if at all.

"Sounds great Dray. You need to go to your table now, but we can catch up after?" Draco poured and scrunched up his nose.
"Fine. See you in a bit Harry!" As the blonde retreated Harry thought deeply to himself.

'He's real clingy and adorable for a Slytherin.'

* . ° •  ♣  • ° . *

The pair walked slowly over the grass. It was relatively quiet, and rather cold. Because it was still January the air was cold, and made you want to speed your pace, even if tormenting for being outside was a stroll. Despite this the pair managed to keep their pace and enjoy the leafless trees and frosted grass.

"It was brilliant Draco. Petunia got me a new set of pencils! We went down to the park so Remus could play in the swings and I could draw."
"Remus, the fully grown man? Serious looking, I-have-scars-on-my-face Remus?"
"You mean idiotic, jovial, I-fold-my-socks-and-love-puns Remus? Yes." Draco tried to hold back a smile.
"He folds his socks? How do you fold socks?" Harry, with a serious look, met Draco's eyes with his own and stopped abruptly.
"Years and years of hardcore training." Not an ounce of joke could be heard in Harry's voice, but they broke out laughing seconds after it was said. If there was a serious way of discussing folding your socks, they couldn't think of it.

They spent hours wondering together with red noses and watery eyes. They chatted about the stupidest of things and it was only when it started getting dark that they decided to head back to their dormitories. With a hug they parted towards their respective dungeons. It was a great way to officially close off a brilliant winter break.

* . ° •  ♥  • ° . *

Fifth Year

It was the middle of an Astronomy class. Draco was feverishly taking notes whilst Harry drew little doodles. He already knew all of this? He didn't understand why he couldn't just take his OWLs and his NEWTs and be done with it. He had learnt everything they were willing to teach. He had been able to conjure a perfect patrons for three years! He had been able to complete an entire lecture for his Transfiguration class when McGonagall had to go to see Dumbledore! He had nothing left to do.

With a gentle whisper and a tug of his robe sleeve Harry managed to get Draco's attention away from the parchment he was furiously scribbling on.
"Draco, screw this I'll teach you later. Entertain me. I'm bored as hell." With an affectionate sigh he dropped his quill and turned to his friend.
"Well what do you want to do Harry? " He would never admit it, but Draco found himself looking at the bridge of Harry's nose. He had found, in third year, a set of freckles that perfectly made the Draco constellation. This causes Draco to stare at his nose more than the textbooks when studying, but - again - you'd never manage to get him to admit it.
"I don't know! Do something you've always wanted to do. What's something you always think about doing, but never actually do?"

Draco picked up his quill again and turned back to Harry,telling him to hold still he took a firm hand of his chin. The pair were unaware that the rest of the class, including the professor, had paused their learning in favor of watching the pair. With a steady hand Draco drew perfectly straight lines over Harry's face. Harry didn't question it, only sitting there with his eyes closed peacefully, adjusting to the peculiar feeling of wet ink on his face. Once Draco has pulled away kind finished fanning Harry's face he took an actual look at the masterpiece he had created. Any set of freckles that didn't overlap became perfect renditions of the constellations they mirrored in the sky.

"What did you do?" A smile took it's rightfully place on Draco's face; A smile, Harry had noticed, that was reserved especially for him.
"I made your face look like space. Stay still I'm going to draw some planets!" He had allowed his childlike redundancies to take over again. Harry could never bring himself to mind when Draco was like this. He needed time to relax. He got on his own car about trying to match his grades to Harry's. No matter what he said the speckled boy just couldn't get the boy to stop, so moments like these were cherished.

Draco pulled out some different colored inks and empty wild and drew some small planets on the free spaces on his cheekbones and jaw. When he finished her smiled crookedly.
"I'm going to hunt out Colin Creevy when we're done here and have him photograph you for me." This was the exact moment the professor decided to hop back in.
"I could do that for you if you wish, Mister Malfoy?" His cheeks fleshed slightly when he realised he had been caught (one would expect he should have been) but asked her to none the less. She took two pictures with a muggle Polaroid camera and handed them one each.
"Now if you've quite finished, I'd like to get back to my lesson?" They both noted and reluctantly went back to taking notes for the last ten minutes.

If Draco kept looking up to look at think ink now adorning his best friends face, he wouldn't admit it. Then again, if Harry said he hasn't been watching Draco from the corner of his eye to see if he was looking that would have been a lie; They may just be as bad as eachother.