Chapter 5: Sean

Without realising it Sean got lost in his own mind, once again. Since he was rejected and exiled from his pack he spend most of his time, lost in his own thoughts. But this time his thoughts didn't consist of his mate rejection or his brother's betrayal. This time his thoughts were occupied by the girl he just met. The defenceless woman who lived in a very sketchy area, how can she stay in a place so brutal, so smelly and disgusting. He couldn't stop himself, his mind was running miles as he started to worry about her safety.

He was sure she couldn't protect herself, last night events were an evidence for his assumption. It's a matter of time that someone finds out where she lives and attacks her in the safety of her own house. The thought of someone hitting her beautiful features and erasing the smile that takes his breath away, made him angry. He tried to push the growl that was threading to come out from his throat, not to scare her further.

Olivia touched his cheek softly with her cold fingers. The sudden movement was enough to snap him out of his thoughts and back to reality. He was still holding her on his back, without uttering one word he lower his body allowing her to get off his back.

"Thank you for the ride alpha boy" she said amused and winked at him, as he looked at her dumbfounded.

His cheek felt warm, not again he thought. Why was he blushing hearing her calling him like that. He should have been angry at her, that's not a way to address an alpha, it's inappropriate and disrespectful. But he wasn't one anymore, he reminded himself as he felt the pain curling inside his chest once again. He can't run from his past, the pain will always be there as a constant reminder of the failure he is, as an alpha and as a mate. He sighed trying to erase those ugly thoughts that were too strong inside his head.

"Follow me" he heard Olivia saying but before he had the chance to react, she placed her hand around his thumb and pulled him towards the complex she called home.

As they made their way inside the complex, Sean noticed the lack of security. The entrance was unlock so anyone can enter without must hustle. No cameras around the hallways and the lights were almost non existent, as you could barely see where you were going.

To his surprise, Olivia went to the end of the hallway and then pushed a metal door with plenty of scratches and spots of dirt, the smell was much worst than it looked, it smelled like rotten cheese and vomit. He didn't comment on it and proceed following her silently, curious of where her apartment was.

When the door opened, they were greeted with a set of stairs that were going downwards. Even without any light to guide them, his werewolves abilities gave him the advantage to see clearly even in the darkest places, yet Olivia was human and he was sure she was walking blindly. How familiar was with the path, was shown with the way her hips and body reacted in every step she took. After going down to two sets of stairs, they reach yet another hallway, in the end of it, it was a worn out wooden door that led inside her apartment. Not even metal, he thought angrily, how can she keep any intrudet out, especially a rouge with such weak defence.

He huffed angrily but Olivia didn't seem to notice as she let his finger go and went inside, not looking back to see if he followed her.

[ ]

She knew how to cook indeed he thought to himself as Olivia was serving him a second plate of pasta. He is a werewolf and the food they consume is way more than a normal guy, Olivia seemed to know that already so she made way extra food than she usually does.

As soon as she placed the plate in front of him, he took his fork and literally dig in. Pasta is not a food that he would preferred as he is a huge fan of meat but somehow Olivia made it taste better than any dish he ate back in his pack. His trail of thoughts went once again back to his pack, as an alpha he never learned to cook even the simplest recipes like pasta, he had other people cooking them for him. How he miss those days were food was always an easy access. He had a good life before his brother betrayal.

"What are you thinking" Olivia asked politely with a small but somehow sad smile on her face. He hated that kind of smile, it was a pitiful smile.

"Nothing" he reply firmly without showing any emotion, making it almost impossible for Olivia to read him, at least that was what he believed.

"Your eyes say otherwise" she said with a soft voice trying not to piss him off. How can she read him so easily he thought in surprised. In his entire life no one could manage to see beyond his facade, yet someone who he barely knew, had figure it out, had figured him out without sweating.

"It's nothing really just how I miss my old life" he whispered sadly.

The words left his mouth without realising it, Olivia not only manage to see under his facade but also made him trust her so easily that he voiced his thoughts out loud.

As soon as he realised what he just said, he compose his posture and look at her with a cold face. Instead of getting a reply she just smiled warmly at him and his heart flutter to his surprise. Her smile comfort him in a way he couldn't explain.

"We all miss something in our lives, the thing to do is to accept it and try to move on, even if it pains us, to do so" she said with a soft voice that made his entire body shiver. Her voiced was so sincere, so comforting like she talked from experience.

Olivia rose from her seat and placed her arms gently around his sitting figure. Her touch comfort his aching heart and soul, even his wolf felt more relaxed than before. Everything about this woman made him question his entire existence, he felt more consent wrapped in her arms than he ever did with his own mate.

The reminder of his mate snapped him out of the moment and he roughly pushed Olivia away. He can't feel like that in another woman's arms, he reason with his wolf who growled inside his head. 

~ ~ Author's Note! ~ ~

Don't forget to vote for this chapter before moving to the next one!