Chapter 7: Sean

After he agreed on teaching her how to defend herself, he in exchange found a place to crush until he finds a more permanent residence. He knows he can't return to his pack, this is his life now and like Olivia told him

We all miss something in our lives, the thing to do is to accept it and try to move on, even if its pain us to do so.

and this is what he is planning to do, even if it's the most difficult thing, he did in his entire life.

Olivia left after dinner, for work. She told him to sleep well before informing him that she will be back around four in the morning, he wasn't fond of the idea that she will be out all night doing goddess knows what, but he pushed his animalistic instincts deep down, she wasn't his mate, his wolf reminded him.

Currently he was sleeping on the double couch she had in her tiny apartment. He was too tall for it, as his legs were hanging out but he didn't mind, it was more comfortable than the ground he slept for so many days. His mind once again drifted back to his mate, she had a pale complexion with piercing blue eyes and straight blond hair, unlike Olivia who had a more olive complexation, brown eyes and curly dark brown hair. She was like an exotic goddess, he thought comparing her with his mate.

He scowled himself for daring to compare the gift that the moon goddess grace him with. He shouldn't and forced himself to stop thinking the girl who was slightly snoring in the other room. This debate went on for some while until Sean found his eyes feeling droopy and soon enough he drift to sleep, thinking how delicate and comforting Olivia's touch was.

[ ]

The next morning he woke up to a heavenly smell

"Meat" he thought before his eyes were shot open. He stood up with his nose sniffing the air, the smell was so good that he literally followed it.

"Good morning alpha boy" Olivia said with an amused voice.

Sean felt his cheeks warm, once again this woman made him blush. He knows how to ruin a man's ego, he thought. Olivia giggled at his dumbfounded expression, she just caught him sniffing the air like some dog.

"Morning" he said trying to regain his muscularity back

"Hungry" she asked still amused

"Very" he reply before making his self comfortable, ready to devour the deliciousness she cooked.

Olivia placed a plate filled with bacon, another one with scrabble eggs and tomatoes. Some orange juice and plenty of toast, already buttered. Sean's eyes light up from the happiness he felt by looking at all the food he finally gets to eat.

"Thank you" he said in between his bites and Olivia giggled.

"It's the least I can do alpha boy" she said smiling at him.

Sean felt his muscles stiffen, he stopped eating after he heard her and his face turned serious looking straight into her eyes.

"You don't own me anything for that night, I did what I did because I wanted to. If you are trying to repay me for something, you should stop trying" he stated firmly.

The memory of Olivia accusing him that he had saved her for money is still fresh in his mind. He doesn't want her to believe that she is obligated to feed him because he saved her.

"Don't overthink it alpha boy, I know I don't have to pay you back for saving me but as long as you leave under my roof, I am cooking and you are cleaning the dishes" she said with a playful smile on her face.

Sean found himself speechless, this woman can make him loose his speech faster than any other before. He found himself unable to reply back.

"I never agree to that" he said after a few minutes of silence.