Chapter 8: Olivia

As soon as her lips touched Sean's cheek, she felt her body tingling and then she realised what she had done. She rushed out of the door, so Sean won't see her face which turned into a deep shade of red.

During her lectures she couldn't stop thinking about the innocent kiss, the way her lips touched his skin, how warm and tingly she felt inside. But then his body tensed, he didn't feel the same way she did. How can she be so stupid, they seemed to get along and then she went and kiss his cheek. Somehow she didn't expect him to react the way he did and she couldn't understand why his reaction pained her. It felt like she was rejected, probably it's her ego that got hurt but it was for the best. At least now she knows where they are heading to, they are just roommates nothing else and nothing more.

"Miss moon, care to answer the question" her lecturer said with pleading eyes, oblivious to the battle inside Olivia's head. It was true that she was one of the best students in the university, without must struggle she understood everything and she was the one who usually aced in every test.

But at this exact moment she felt dumb, she couldn't figure out what was going around her as she was too deep in though. She cleared her throat, trying not to ruin her good reputation.

"Can you please repeat the question" she asked politely, begging to every god in the sky to be a question she can answer, without making herself look bad.

Her prayers have been heard, as the question was something that she could easily understand and of course give an answer to. The rest of the remaining lecture pass uneventful, as she pushed all Sean related thoughts out of her mind and tried to stay focused.

[ ]

Her classes finally finished for the day and she was debating what she should do now. She already told Sean she wont be back before lunch and she already started to get hungry. Before finishing her thoughts, her body already start walking to a familiar road. After a couple of minutes she was outside the small diner she told Sean about. After the incident this morning she rushed out of the door without informing him where exactly it was located so she knew he wont be here, and just the thought of it caused an unfamiliar pain inside her chest.

As she stepped inside the diner she was greeted by the owner Mrs Paige, she was in her late fifties and she was always so happy especially when Olivia came over. Mrs Paige, has a son, Eli who is in the same age as Olivia. He is also one of her classmates, not a very smart kid but he knows how to make somebody feel comfortable and welcome, just like his mom. She met him at the begging of her studies, as she one day let him cheat from her paper and since then she has been helping him to pass all his exams.

Mrs Paige whose husband has died, didn't have any family to depend on it and everything she has now, she fought hard for it and Olivia respected her for that. As the years passed she was like a part of their small family and Eli was like a brother to her. Every now and then, especially during their exams Olivia visits the diner and she was never allowed to pay, as she never asked Eli anything in return for helping him. It's like a deal they have made.

"My sweet Olivia, how are you today?" Mrs Paige welcomed her with a wide smile.

"I am very well auntie" she greeted back and embrace her in a hug.

"Are you hungry" she question but before Olivia could reply she pushed her toward a table to sit down and soon after that, she disappeared into the kitchen. After a couple of minutes she resurfaced holding a plate that smelled amazing.

Even the image of the food made her stomach growled hungrily but her mind was too occupied with her troubled thoughts to eat.

[ ]