Chapter 4: Masters?

♦️Vivian♦️

After a long talk with Vlad he finally releases me to bed. I enter my room and lay down on my bed. I unpacked most of my belongings, my clothes put away in the closet or in my dresser.

I think back to my encounter with Danny Phantom. What did he mean by Plasmius' clones? Who's Plasmius? He could have destroyed me but instead showed me mercy. Then my mind wonders to Danny Fenton, the shy, insecure, and self conscious good-hearted boy who made sure I was safe.

My thoughts seem to center around the boy as I fall asleep.

⏰☀️Morning☀️⏰

I open my eyes when someone opens my curtains, letting the sunshine in. I groan, covering my eyes, using my hands to protect my retinas. "Time for school, get dressed, I'll drive you."

I stare at him as he seems overly cheerful. "No, it's okay it's not that long of a walk." The rhythm of his footsteps falters and he gives me a curt nod before leaving my room, closing the door behind him.

I know he means well but I just need some space for awhile. I get up and pull a red and white shirt, jean shorts, and a black jacket from my closet. I pull my clothes on, then my shoes, I grab my backpack before leaving for Casper High.

I jog and soon see the big white building, I explored yesterday which lead to a 'friendly' chat with Amity Park's spectral protector. I fiddle with my headband absentmindedly. I walk up the steps, I didn't realize Danny Phantom was trailing me yesterday because of how overwhelming the school was.

It's so different from Mom's homeschooling. I hug my new books to my chest, almost as if they could shield me as I step through the doors. Almost immediately a football comes flying at my face, I gasp and squeeze my eyes shut waiting for impact.

When nothing happened I opened my eyes. I'm amazed to see Danny Fenton holding the ball, the leather just barely pressing against my nose, inches from my face. He seems as surprised as me, his bright blue eyes wide as he gazes into my violet orbs.

I laugh shakily and the ends of his lips quirk up. "Thanks for the save," I whisper and he nods. "Hey! Fenton, nice catch! Now give us our ball back!" I hear a slightly high voice and look to see a blonde in a Letterman jacket, his eyes are also purple.

He looked impatient as he waited for Danny to give him back the football. Danny looks startled as he seems to snap out of his trance, he tears his eyes away from mine to look toward the jock. "Uh, yeah, here you go Dash," Danny says tossing the ball to him, which he catches.

I watch Dash jog away and turn back to Danny, flashing him a smile, he returns it. "Welcome to Casper High! Fair warning if you hang with me you will be branded a loser by the popular crowd."

"Thank you so much for sparing me from a fate such as loserville," I say dramatically and Danny smiles boyishly. "Thanks for the heads up but that doesn't sound so bad." He nods, and I walk with him. "Danny, did Sam and Tucker say anything to you after they found me?"

He glances at me with a raised eyebrow. "Like what?"

"I don't know anything that might seem spectral?" He gives me a weird look that I can't interpret. "No, they just said you were pretty banged up and that I should come quickly."

"Okay," I say softly my secret is safe, for now. We approach Sam and Tucker, but an unknown girl stood with them. Danny smiles and says greetings to his friends. "Morning, Valerie."

"Morning, Danny," she says before glancing at me. "Who's this," she asks with a curious smile. Sam sighs, uncrossing her arms. "Valerie this is Vivian Masters, Vivian this is Valerie Gray."