Chapter 8: Meeting Aden And Tori

♦️Vivian♦️

I sit on my bed, contemplating talking to Vlad, asking him for the truth. It's been a couple days since my talk with Danny, about his darker self. And what the cause was. A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts.

"Come in," I call and my. . . Father. . .opens the door. "The pizza just came, thought I'd come get you."

"Oh, thanks," I say getting off my bed and following him downstairs. I go to the kitchen and grab a slice of pizza from the box. "Can, I talk to you about something?"

"Of course, Vivian. Anything."

"Anything? And you'll tell me the truth, God's honest truth?" He stares at me and nods. "Yes, I think your entitled to the truth."

"I met Dani Phantom, with an I. She said you created her trying to get Danny Phantom's DNA. And the attack at the school was Valerie Gray she said you lied to her, tricked into doing your dirty work."

Vlad's eyes widen and I stare up at him. "Is it true? Are you as evil as they say?"

"I will not lie, I promised you the truth. It is true what they say. I've done many things that I am not proud of and I can also say that I'm am not sorry for a lot of the others. But I'm done with being Plasmius and I just want to focus on being a good guardian."

"Don't you mean, father?" I ask and he shakes his head. "The day you showed up on my doorstep I knew I didn't deserve to be called your father. I gave up that right when I left you and your mother."

Tears well up in my eyes and I rubbed them away. "You're not all evil, part of you is still human, like me." He raises an eyebrow at that. "Do you think half of you is evil?"

"I know that it's possible to become evil it all hangs on by a thread." He looks slightly confused and I shake my head before heading to my room.

I wake and I groan, it's Monday, back to school. I sit up and go to the closet and get dressed. I grab my bag and books. "Bye, Vlad, I'm off to school," I call as I jog down the stairs. I hear him say goodbye as I leave and run to school.

I look around at all the buildings. I smile, Amity Park isn't all bad. I try to ignore the fact that I got attacked twice when I first got here.

The wind picks up, lifting my hair off my neck, I smile. My thoughts are suddenly derailed when I slam into someone and we crash to the ground, me on top of them. I heard him shout as we fall and our legs get tangled. I open my eyes and gasp, my nose brushing his.

His purple eyes are wide as they connect with mine. I can feel his chest rising and falling with mine. I blush profusely as I stammer out an apology, untangling my legs from his. "It's alright," he replies as I get up, pulling him with me. We stare into each other's eyes for a long time.

"Um, hello!" I startle a little and turn to see an African American girl looking at us with amusement. "Oh, uh, hello, I'm Vivian, again sorry for running into you." He shakes his head, rubbing the back of his neck. "I told you it's cool."

The other girl gives me a smile. "Hi, I'm Tori and this Aden." I look Aden over. He's wearing all black and combat boots. A necklace rests in the middle of his chest. I suddenly realize what Tucker told me.

"Wait, Aden and Tori. Tori you're Tucker's cousin, right?"

"You know Tucker?" I nod and she smiles. "We were on our way to Casper High, when we heard your running footsteps, poor Aden here turned around to look and you two collided." I blush again, messing with my backpack strap. Aden looks down and I follow his gaze, finally realizing that my books are scattered on the ground.

We both crouch down at the same time, reaching for the same book, our hands brushing. I blush again, pulling my hand back letting him pick it up. He holds it out to me and I take it. And we pick up the last two. I stand up, pulling some hair behind my ear. "Thanks."

"No problem." He says and Tori smiles. "We should probably hurry to school before we're late." I nod and walk alongside Aden, chatting and asking him about himself.

By the time we reach school I agree with Tucker, Aden's like a male Sam. He's a goth, and likes heavy metal music. He's into painting and reading in his spare time and extremely smart and funny.

I enter school laughing and smiling. Aden's smiling too, looking down at me with his dark purple eyes. "Tori!" I look and see Tucker walking over with Danny and Sam. She smiles and goes over to hug him. "Tucker how have you been?!"

"Great and you?"

"Terrific, I'm so excited to spend the week here." Danny comes over and looks at Aden. "Are you Aden?" he nods and Sam stares at him. "Nice to meet you, I'm Sam."

He nods and gives a polite smile. The bell rings signaling the beginning of class. "Oh, Danny, thank you for letting me borrow your book for Mr. Lancer's class," I say handing it back to him and he takes it. "No problem, just ask." I smile and we go our sperate ways to class.

At the end of the day I'm at my locker putting my books away when I hear, Tori calling my name. I look over and smile at her. "Hey, Tori, what's up?"

"Me and Aden are going to the Nasty Burger, want to come?"

"Um, sure. I just need to leave early so I can meet up with Danny, we're supposed to. . .study." I need to meet up with him and patrol Amity Park.

⚪Danny⚫

I enter the Nasty Burger with Sam and Tucker. I just wanted to get something quick before I patrol. So far I haven't sensed any ghosts for awhile.

I order my food and wait. I feel someone nudge me. I turn to look at Sam and she's pointing to the booths. I look and see Vivian, Aden, and Tori. Vivian is laughing and smiling.

"So, I'm glad she's making friends." I say turning back to the counter. "I'd say she's having a lot of fun with Aden." I just ignore Sam, grabbing the bag holding my food inside. "Thanks," I say and pay for it.

I leave with Sam and Tucker and walk around as we eat. After finishing I throw the bag away. "I'll patrol from the air and you guys keep a look out on the ground."

"Do we ever do it any other way?" Tucker asks and I roll my eyes with a small smile. I go ghost and fly into the air. I scan Amity Park but don't see anything suspicious. "Danny!" I turn and see Vivian flying towards me.

"Sorry, got held up."

"It's okay," I say and together we continue the patrol. "I saw you at the Nasty Burger, why didn't you come say hi?" She asks and I shrug. "I just wanted to start patrolling."

"Okay," she says looking down. "It's really beautiful up here." I nod in agreement. Suddenly a shadow falls over us, I look up only to be tackled. I groan in pain as I hit the ground. "Danny!" I rub my head and open my eyes, hearing the flap of wings.

"We meet again, Phantom!" I glare as I look up at the Fright Knight. "It's as fulfilling as the last time." He's suddenly struck with a blast and I smile up at Vivian. "Thanks," I say as she pulls me to my feet.

"No, problem."

"Fools," I hear him say and suddenly Vivian gets struck with his sword. "No!" She screams as she disappears. "Vivian!"

"Danny!" I hear Sam and Tucker call. I turn holding up my hands. "No, stay back!"

"Danny, look out!" I turn as the Fright Knight swings his sword connecting with me. Everything goes dark, no, I'm in a black void.

"Tucker! Sam!"

"They're not here, boy." A dark voice says, it sounded dreadfully familiar. "Who's there?!" I shout into the darkness only to be jerked forward into the light by my suit. My eyes look up and I freeze in horror. It's Dan, at least it looks like him. He looks exactly like me, with reds eyes, and of course older.

But he looks nothing like Vlad's ghostly self. "Surprised? You should be, well more like terrified."

"What is this?" He leans in close and I recoil. "It's your future. Embrace it." I shake my head, trembling in fear as his eyes glow red.