Chapter 13: May I Have This Dance?

⚪Danny⚫

I smile when the Fenton Cruiser pulls up to Fenton works almost immediately my ghost sense goes off but I was too tired to be worried about it. "Jeez, Dad, why couldn't we have made it before the sun set?" Jazz asks opening her door.

"Hey, it wasn't my fault that our flight was delayed."

"Calm down, Jazz, we're all tired. Let's just get settled back in and get some rest." I nod in agreement and jump out of the cruiser. I yawn and stretch before heading inside. I immediately head for my room and crash on my bed. "Hey, Danny. I just wanted to ask how you were feeling?"

I look up at Jazz and give her a tired smile. "I'm fine, Jazz. I'll see you in the morning." She smiles at me. "Goodnight, little brother."

"Goodnight, Jazz." She turns off my light before leaving and closing the door behind her. I slip under the covers and close my eyes.

I open my eyes and look around. I wonder what time it is. I reach for my clock and turn it towards me. I scream when I see I overslept by like four hours! I'm supposed to be at school! My door opens and Jazz comes in. "Danny, what's wrong?"

"I overslept! I need to get to school."

"Danny, our parents are letting us get settled back in before we have to go back. Besides it's friday tomorrow. Or are you in a hurry to see your girlfriend again." I give her a small glare and cross my arms. It fails when nervousness sets up in me. "Alright, I'm sorry for reminding you. I'll stop."

"I don't know what'll happen when I see her tomorrow, Jazz."

"Try surprising her." I look up at her, uncrossing my arms and raising an eyebrow. "What?"

"I think you should do something to surprise her. There's supposed to be a dance tomorrow at the school I think that would be the perfect place."

"I don't know, Jazz..."

"Trust me, Danny." She comes over, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Alright, Jazz." She smiles before heading down stairs. I look out my window to the street down below. My heart does flips in my chest as I think back to my last encounter with, Vivian.

The last time we talked she kissed my cheek and apologized to me. Why'd she kiss me? And why'd she apologize? These are the questions I've been asking myself all through vacation. I wonder how Sam and Tucker are doing?

I decide to sneak over and check on them. I go ghost and through the building, heading for Casper High. Once I get to the high school, I spot Tucker and Sam. I don't see Vivian. I keep my invisibility up and slip into the seat beside Tuck.

"I'm just saying that she should have been more careful, Sam."

"I'm not saying she shouldn't be careful, but she has been through a lot and we should go easy on her."

"Go easy on who?" I ask announcing myself to my friends. "Ahh! What? Who?" Tucker glances around, but can't see me. "Danny? Why are you using your invisibility?" Sam asks gazing around the table.

"Well, I was late getting in last night and overslept. I didn't feel like getting stuck in the school if a teacher saw me."

"So you're not avoiding a certain half ghost?" Tucker asks and I give him a glare, even though he couldn't see it. "Shush, Tucker! Welcome back, Danny. Are you coming to school tomorrow?"

"Yep, and I have a plan I'd like to share with you guys." I begin whispering in their ears. "Okay, I think we could help with that." I smile at Tucker when suddenly my ghost sense kicked in. I look around and see Vivian approaching. "Looks like that's my cue, bye guys." I fly away, heading back home.