Chapter 5: Protecting A Friend

⚪Danny⚫

I stare up at her feeling shocked. "Valerie? What are you doing?"

"Stay out of this, Phantom, I'm not here for you. I'm here for Plasmius' daughter!" Vivian's eyes open and she shakes her head. "No, Sam told you my last name was Masters!"

"It's true Valerie, Vivian doesn't even know who Plasmius is."

"Come on, Phantom, you know just as I do that Vlad Masters and Vlad Plasmius are both one in the same. And you're his daughter! He made a fool out of me, used me to do his dirty work! Now he's going to pay!" She holds up her blaster and I jump in front of Vivian shielding her.

"Get out of my way!!"

"I know you want him to pay for all he's done to you but killing Vivian isn't the way."

"What would you know, you're just a freak!"

"Valerie, I know that your suffering," Vivian says and I crane my neck to look at her. Tears were streaming down her face but her voice is steady. "You feel like the only way to get rid of your pain is by destroying what's causing it. But you can't get rid of your rage and humiliation by killing me and it won't satisfy you."

Sam is crouched by Vivian, putting pressure on her wound. "Valerie, please listen to me," I say but she just glares at me, raising her blaster. I create an energy shield and grab, Sam and Vivian, diving behind a car.

Valerie fires hitting the car, almost flipping it on top of us. I look down at the young half-ghost before looking at Sam. "Sam, you have to run, go get help. I don't care who, my parents, Vlad, anybody just get help."

"I'm not leaving you!" I grab Sam by the shoulders. "GO!" I shove her and she nods running out of sight. Valerie, fires again hitting the building behind us and I look up to see a brick wall coming down on us.

I cover Vivian, holding her against me, shielding her. I feel pain race up and down my spine as the wall impacts, but I ignore it. I create light in my palm and look down at Vivian, she's barely conscious. I sigh, "She won't listen to Danny Phantom, maybe I need to bring Fenton into this."

I look down again at my friend, I press my forehead to her, hoping she hears me. "I'll be back, I promise," I whisper before becoming intangible and disappearing through the ground.

I come up a little ways away from the battle zone. I look around before reverting back to Fenton. I nearly fall to the ground as pain blooms in my spine, I ignore it. I run back to where Valerie attacked us.

As I arrive I see Valerie removing the rubble until she uncovers, Vivian. "Looks like Danny Phantom abandoned you sweetheart." She grabs Vivian's wrist and pulls her out throwing her across the grass.

The young half-ghost screams in pain as her shoulder connects with the ground. "Say, goodbye," she whispers raising her blaster. I see my opening, I run forward and skid to a stop beside Vivian, covering her with my body and glaring at Valerie.

She stumbles backward, shock appearing on her face. "D-Danny? What are you doing?"

"What am I doing? What the hell are you doing Valerie? You think I'm just going to stand idly by while you murder another student."

"Danny, you don't understand who she is!" She shouts removing her helmet. "I understand that she's innocent, whatever your problem is it has nothing to do with Vivian. She's not the problem, your just using her as an excuse."

The hot tempered teen stares at me before flying off on her hover board. I sigh in relief, before collapsing next to Vivian. I turn and look at the dark haired half-ghost. I reached forward, brushing stray hairs off her face.