Chapter 10: Brokenhearted

⚪Danny⚫

Vivian pulls away from us and looks down at her shoulder. She hisses in pain. "What's wrong?"

"Something's wrong with my shoulder. I think Samantha's vines ripped my stitches open."

"Okay, Sam you and Tucker go to the nurse's office and see if you can find a first aid kit and needle and thread." They nod and rush into the building. I lead Vivian to a lunch table and have her sit down. I could already see a patch of blood staining her sleeve, red and specks of green.

I gently lift up her sleeve and see the same stain of blood on the gauze. I carefully remove it. I wince when I see how irritated and red her wound looks. I begin pulling out the stitches. Vivian flinches and bites her lip. "Sorry about this, Vivian."

She nods and endures in silence. "Found it!" I look and see Sam and Tucker come out holding a first aid kit. I smile taking it from her. "Thanks, guys."

"Yeah we need to get home our parents are freaking out, they want us home, someone must have called and told them what was happening here."

"It's okay, I got this. Go." They say goodbye before running home. I open the box and pull out disinfectant, gauze, the needle and thread Sam put in, and scissors. I hand Vivian a popsicle stick looking thing.

"What's this for?"

"For you to bite down on, you'll need it because this is going to hurt a lot and I apologize in advance." She nods taking a deep breath. I twist the cap off the disinfectant, I pour some of the liquid into the cap. I lean forward and pour the contents into her wound.

Vivian makes a noise in her throat. I glance at her but she's looking the other way. I let the disinfectant do it's job before wiping it off. I grab the needle and string, threading it through the eye of the needle. "You might want to bite down now," I say and she nods putting the stick between her teeth.

I lean forward feeling bad already. I pinch the skin of her wound together and begin to stitch the wound close. As I work I could hear the stick splintering. "Just hold on a little longer, Vivian."

I'm half way through and suddenly she grabs my knee and I stop. She spits out the stick. "It really hurts," she says her voice breaking slightly. "I know and I'm really sorry, but I need to close it. Whatever you need to do to calm yourself just go ahead."

I go back to stitch and she grips my knee with almost bone breaking force. I ignore it and let her if it helps. I'm finally done and cut the thread, tying it off. "And we're done, worst part's over." She breathes deeply wiping at her eyes. "You okay?" She nods and gives me a smile.

"Thanks for helping with it."

"Of course, I'd do almost anything for you." She smiles and I realize what I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "You already put yourself in front of a bullet or at least a blaster gun, for me, keep thinking like that and I might just get you killed."

I laugh and shake my head. Before I start to clean up the mess I made, trying to hide my blush. "Vivian?" I turn and see Aden approaching with Tori. "Tucker told us you'd be here, are you okay?" He gestures to her wound.

"I'm fine. I, uh, got pushed when all the chaos started and ripped my stitches. Danny helped close the wound."

"Yeah, what are friends for," I say closing the first aid kit. "I'm glad you're okay," Aden says sitting down beside her and she smiles up at him. I feel an unknown emotion in my chest and shake my head. I push the first aid kit away from me and turned around, walking away.

"Danny," I look over my shoulder at Tori as she follows me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine."