Bundle of Joy

It's been a few months since me and Andreas moved to Germany. The first couple of months were hard to say the least. I missed home, I felt so out of place here.

No one treated me bad or anything, I just felt lonely. Ever since we moved here Andreas hasn't been the same. It's like him being around his family has changed him. He still gives me so much adoration and I know he truly loves me, but he seems to be... I don't know, I can't place it. He seems to be paranoid.

I think about all the little mannerisms he does when we're out. Thinking about Andreas I gather my wallet, keys, and phone I HAD to get out of this house.

It was currently 3 in the afternoon and Andreas had left earlier in the morning to go run some errands. I had the house to myself, but I was so bored here.

After such a long winter I'm so happy it's July, and not because Im only 2 months away from giving birth; which I'm terrified of.  I'm happy it's finally starting to warm up outside , and the sun is coming out more. Andreas' family had a home in Hamburg, Germany right in the city and Andreas thought it'd be perfect for us. I actually love the home but that wind coming off the Elbe river was something serious.

Today's Andreas' 45th birthday and I wanted to do something really special for him. I'm meeting him for dinner tonight so I figured Ide go to some shops in the city since it's such a pretty day. I decided to wear my tie-dye sundress and some cute sandals that Andreas bought for me last weekend. My hair has grown like crazy over my  pregnancy. My natural hair is finally touching my shoulders and it makes me so happy.

"Fräulein Naomi?" I hear Mia call from downstairs.

Mia was the inhome helper that Andreas hired for me. I hated calling her a "maid" it made me feel bad as she was more than that. I truly liked her so much, she is such a sweet older woman. She was going to be here when the baby arrived too which calmed me so much. She did everything around our huge house. She cooked, cleaned, and even helped me out with learning German.

Andreas says that I'm a natural at speaking German, but I feel like I'm terrible at it. I think he just says that to me to make me feel better.

"Hier komme ich!" I yell downstairs to her. (Here I come)

I grab all the things I need and leave the master bedroom. I make my way down the stairs and walk to the kitchen and find Mia there cooking something that smells sweet.

"I made you a muffin liebe" Mia says sweetly to me.

"Awww danke dir" I say and she smiles at me. (Thank you)

I take the muffin in the napkin and say "you're the one fattening me up" I say laughing.

"Did Andreas put you up to this?" I say eyeing her fake suspiciously.

"No no no" she smiles waving her hands back and forth.

I smile at her and make my way out the front door. The city is alive and beautiful. It looks like everyone is out and about. I make my way to the shopping center, it's about a 15 minute walk from the house but I don't mind.

Andreas usually would've called me by now I think looking down at my phone. I guess he's gotten caught up with some business.

I can't help but to smile thinking about the baby store I want to go to. When it was time for us to figure out the gender of the baby I told Andreas I wanted to wait and find out the gender when I gave birth, but knowing me I couldn't wait that long.

I wanted to do something extremely one of a kind and special for Andreas tonight so yesterday I contacted our doctor and asked to know the gender of our baby and tonight I'm going to tell him in the cutest way possible.

I make it to the baby store "Wonneproppen" and walk in. It smells like warm vanilla on the inside and it makes me smile.

Me and one of the ladies at the store had gotten so close because I come in here all the time. It's the cutest little shop and I literally want to buy everything inside of it. Since they also have an online store I already preordered the package and all I had to do was pick it up from the counter.

Standing in the short line my phone rings and I look down and see Andreas is calling. I smile until I notice it's a FaceTime. He can't find out that I'm in here he might put two and two together, I think to myself. I decline the call and wait patiently in line.

My phone starts to ring again and I know it's Andreas, he'll just have to wait until I get out of the store.

"Nächster" one of the ladies say and I go to the counter.

I tell her my name and she goes to the back to get my package. While she walks away my phone rings again. He's not going to stop calling me until I answer I think to myself.

The lady comes back and gives me the bag and I smile and thank her.

Walking out of the store I get out my phone and call Andreas back.

"Schätzchen!?" I hear Andreas say frantically into the phone.

"Yes baby? I'm sorry I didn't see your call" I say to him.

"What were you doing?? Are you ok?" I hear him say worriedly through the phone.

I rub my belly and say "Yes baby I'm fine I'm sorry I didn't pick up"

There's a pause on the other end.

"Andreas?" I say into the phone "Are you ok?"

"Yes mein liebe, I was- I was  just worried about you that's all" I hear him finally say into the phone. " Hows our Säugling?" He says calming down.

I catch myself before I say a pronoun and ruin the surprise "Our baby is doing just fine" I say smiling into the phone. "See you in a few"

"See you in a few liebling" he says and hangs up.

I put my phone in my purse and make my way to the park. I still had around an hour to spare before I was supposed to meet Andreas at the resturant. I put in my earphones and listen to some music while I sit and watch the boats pull up to the dock.

Sitting here I get a weird feeling as if the man a ways down from me is staring at me. I look over at him and he lowers his head almost coincidentally.

The weirdest part of it all is that he looks familiar, and I feel as if he's been showing up here and there everywhere I end up for the past couple of weeks.

Andreas already seems on edge about whatever so I didn't want to tell him and make him more paranoid.

It already took him so long for him to feel comfortable with me leaving the house alone. I guess he was worried about me getting lost and not being able to get help, but I don't know. I just would hate it if I told him and it turned out to be nothing, but something deep inside me made me want to bring it up to him just in case. I mean I did have two lives to look after now.

I look back in the direction of where the man was sitting but he's no longer there.

Looking down at my phone I get a text from Andreas.

I'm on my way 😘.

I get up from the park bench and grab my package from Wonnepreppen. I can't help but to swing it as I smile and walk down the street.

I walk inside the resturant and tell them my reservation. Even though I'm early they're able to take me back and get seated. I place the bag on the other side of me and sip on the water that's already at the table. The resturant is really nice, Andreas said it's his favorite in the city. I sit and wait rubbing my big belly. Looking out the window at the city I get a glimpse of someone walking by outside of the resturant.

I swear it's the same man from before and I get a chill down my spine I really need to tell Andreas I think to mys..

"Wunderschön" I hear Andreas say.

I look up and I see my beautiful man. He looks so good and clean cut. He smiles down at me with his perfect smile and my heart warms.

"Baby" I say happily.