Rat

I see my mother and I immediately break down crying. My mom runs over to me and hugs me tight. We hold on to each other and she rocks me.

I start sobbing harder "Momma momma I missed you so much" I cry into her shoulder.

"I know baby I missed you too" she says sweetly in my ear.

I feel Andreas come behind me and rub my back "don't get too worked up meine liebe" He says into the back of my neck kissing it softly.

"Yes please Nomi I don't want you to get worked up"she says pushing my hair back and kissing my forehead.

"I heard you had to go to the hospital today because you were stressed out over all the classes and lessons you've been taking" she says looking at me really worried.

I give her a confused look. Why would she think my classes were stressing me out? They were the only things that kept me calm.

I look at her and then I see Andreas walk around to my side and he wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me in tight.

"Yeah she was keeping herself really busy and running around, we're just gonna take it slow until our saügling gets here"he says kissing my forehead and rubbing my belly.

I look up at him and he stares down at me.

"Um- yeah the doctor told me it'd be best for me to stay home" I say to my mom.

"Aww Nomi yeah you need to take it slow" she says squeezing my hand " maybe after baby August arrives me, you , and him can go sight seeing" she says smiling big and holding my stomach.

"You're staying!?" I say smiling so big.

"You know I have to see my grand baby" she says "Now show me this beautiful home"

Me and Andreas walk around and show my mother the house. She absolutely adores it. After we show her the main house we walk outside to the guest house. Andreas had some cleaners come in and some designers redecorate it to make my mom feel comfortable and at home.

"I had someone bring in all your bags and stock up the refrigerator for you" Andreas says as he opens the door to the house.

"Thank you so much" she says walking in. As soon as we all get inside my mom walks around touching everything.

Andreas closes the door because it gets a little chilly at night time here.

"Mia is cooking a dinner for us too so feel free to join us" he says smiling at her.

"Ok thank you, I'm going to go wash up I will see y'all when I'm done" my mom says as she walks up the stairs.

Andreas turns to me and says "I have to do a couple things before dinner, stay and catch up with your mom" he says kissing my forehead.

I get a nervous feeling in my stomach and grab his arm "what do you have to do baby? Can't you stay?" I whine.

I see his face change and he looks away. I can see his ears turning red and he's clenching his fists. I raise my hands and grab his face to look at me.

"Baby are you alright ?" I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"No. I can't stop thinking about what happened earlier. Luka crossed the line today...not only did he threaten you he endangered our child!" He yells "I can't have people challenging me, he must've known I was out of town" he shakes his head and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Look at me baby" I say staring up at him. "Luka never threatened me, of course he scared me because of how things went last time, but now that things have calmed down I realized he was trying to apologize for how things went down at the shop... he even said something about not being affiliated with Damien" I say

Andreas grabs my head and looks at me with the most serious look.

"Listen to me, the Hansen's can't be trusted. With them being practically family and being in the business for so long they still have connections, they still have pull and allies. Why do you think he decided to show up when I was gone? Someone told him" he says almost at a whisper "for the past few months I have been running an investigation on every single person affiliated with us, and also liebling, please do not think so naively" he says.

That angers me and i say "I!-"

"Ah" let me finish Andreas raises his hand.

I roll my eyes and glare at him.

"Damien is a Krauskopf, he has been my only son for a very long time so he's well respected among the mafia, do not underestimate his reach or abilities, he was trained by the same person as me, my father, when I swore off the mafia my father latched onto Damien and prepared him to be the Boss, Damien has strong connections in Chicago, but here I run shit!" Andreas says unintentionally flexing his muscles , "And once I swear allegiance to be Boss of the entire mafia Permanently, EVERYONE! will answer to me!!"  He yells making me jump.

I understand how serious this is to him. I guess I was naïve to think that Damien wouldn't have mob ties. I guess I was in a lot of danger back in Chicago.

I look up at Andreas and he's still fuming I stand on my tippy toes and wrap my arms around his neck.

"People do respect and answer to you , they know who's Boss" I say and kiss him.

He pulls me close and kisses me back.

He mumbles "I love you so much, Ide do anything for you" He says pulling away and staring into my eyes "Anything" He says coldly and turns and walks out of the guest house.

I turn to watch him leave.

"I'll be back soon schätzchen" he says as he walks towards the main house and I stand at the door watching him saunter away.

I go to the couch and plop right in it I'm so exhausted I just hope Andreas doesn't do anything tonight to ignite his temper.

What do you guys think Andreas is gonna go do??