Wolfgang

It had been about a month since Andreas dropped that huge bit of knowledge on me. Nothing considerable had really changed though, honestly. Life still went along how it had been since January. I had my German lessons Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tuesday's and Thursday's I took local interior design classes and every week day I would make sure I walked at least a mile preferably two.

The only thing that had really changed was that Mark ,my personal watcher or body guard , was a lot more visible and obvious. Sometimes I would say Hi and if I was lucky he'd even acknowledge my existence. I don't understand why he chooses to ignore me though.

Andreas has been gone for a couple weeks now. He told me he had to go back to the U.S. for some business. Business that he didn't feel the need to elaborate on... I really would have loved to go with him, but the doctor said it wasn't safe because August is at risk for coming a little early. That's why I've been taking things pretty slow and trying not to stress over things.

I am currently in an all black SUV. Mark is driving me to the grocery store, Mia tried to talk me out of going but honestly between her and the home things have started to become suffocating.

Her and Greta had started talking so now literally every other day Mia was giving me some herbal
remedy or yelling at me for eating sausage after 5 o'clock or some crazy shit Greta had made her believe. And ever since Andreas left, Mrs.K has been literally living in the house to keep an eye on me and her "strong grandson".

I roll my eyes thinking about it. I just had to get out of that house!

We finally arrive at the grocery store and Mark puts the car in park and hurriedly comes around back to open the door for me and help me out of the car.

Mark gives me his hand and I take it and carefully try to step on the little metal step, but my belly is so big I can't see where I'm stepping and I trip and fall.

Mark is quick to catch me.

"Oh my gosh" I say gasping a little.

Mark holds me firm to him and I look up into his serious eyes and say "sorry".

He stares at me a little but as soon as I get my footing he lets go of me very quickly and swiftly almost as if I'm disgusting to touch.

My cheeks get a little hot from embarrassment.

"Please be careful Miss Naomi, boss would have my head if anything happened to you on my watch" he says flatly with a tinge of fear in his voice.

I'm shocked at hearing him speak to me. He has a deep voice but not as strong and deep as Andreas'. I think I finally understand why he doesn't interact with me ever. I'm like a fragile porcelain doll to him, and one scratch on me could have grave consequences for him.

"Thank you for helping me" I say looking up at him.

I finally really look at him for the first time and he seems pretty young , he couldn't be any older than 24,25 years old. He has dark features and deep set eyes. He has sandy brown hair and tan skin with brownish green eyes to match. Eyes I rarely see because he keeps his head down so much when I'm close, as if he isn't allowed to look at me.

I try to lighten the mood and say "this belly is so huge I haven't seen my feet in a while" I say smiling.

Mark doesn't react to anything I say.

I lean in and whisper " hey I won't let Andreas do anything to you, I can tell you're loyal, and you do your job very well, if anything were to happen to me like me tripping or hurting myself I'll just lie and say it happened at home, you don't need to fear being around me" I say holding my arm awkwardly.