Hunch

Today was such a long day. I would say I'm glad that it's over but with everything that has been happening lately it never seems like it's over.

I crawl into bed and get underneath the sheets.

"Baby can you bring me the full body pillow? I can't seem to get comfortable" I whine.

"Yes leibling" He says and goes to the closet and brings out a huge body pillow.

I get happy just looking at it. Andreas places it on the bed and takes his shirt off. I just sit and stare and look at his amazing body and bite my lip.

"You like what you see leibling?" He asks with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and grab the body pillow and bring it close to me.

Andreas crawls into the bed behind me and wraps his strong hands around my huge belly.

I feel a kiss on my shoulder and then one on my ear "don't roll your eyes at me schätzchen" I hear him whisper.

"I just rolled my eyes again hmmph" I say silly like.

I hear Andreas chuckle really loud and he tightens his grip on my stomach.

"Are you excited for your birthday next month?" I hear him say.

"I mean no not really... I kind of miss my friends" I mumble " and I'm more just waiting for this little guy to come out" I say placing my hand over Andreas'.

"You're turning 19 meine liebe I want to make it special for you , even if you're homesick" he says whispering in my ear.

I turn on my back which isn't the easiest thing. I look over at Andreas face .

"Let's play a game" I say softly leaning into his chest.

"What kind of game?" I hear him ask . I feel his beard on my forehead and I look up at him.

"A questions game , I get to ask you one question only and you have to answer it truthfully" I say.

There's a pause and I start to think he won't be down.

"Fein" He says kissing my forehead. "Just because you did so well with Greta"

I swallow and ask "Do you have people follow me when I go out?"

There's another pause and I can feel him shift uncomfortably .

"Yes" is all he says dryly.

"Like 24/7?" I ask looking up into his eyes.

"Yes" I hear him say

I swallow and start to say "Do you—"

"Ah ah ah , you said one question schätzchen, it's my turn now" he says.

"What do you want to know?" I ask looking at him weird.

"Do you believe the rumors about my family are true?" Andreas asks staring at me in the dark.

I swallow and lie and say "no, I don't"

I see him pause for a second searching my eyes long and hard.

"You don't have to lie to me meine liebe , you said the rule of the game was to tell the truth" he says staring at my lips now.

I purse them together and lick my lips, I clear my throat awkwardly and say "sometimes I can see why people would think that... sometimes I wonder, I mean even Finn and Luka said it... well Luka said it and Finn eluded to it."

"You don't have to be afraid of the word Naomi, just say it" he says almost angrily.

"Ok" I say shyly and bend my head down.

He lifts my chin and says "tell me what you think my family is"

I swallow again and I'm dead silent , but I see the seriousness in his eyes, and I whisper
"You're apart of the Mafia".

Out of nowhere I hear Andreas' big guttural laugh and I have no idea how to react. I just sit confused.

"We're not apart of the mafia...we ARE the mafia" He says with so much power in his voice.

My body goes tense and I feel a little numb. I mean I had a huge hunch and even Finn and Luka said it, but I was never prepared to hear Andreas tell me so blatantly . Especially since he denied it earlier and was very adamant about not telling me things .

"Greta said that I harbor too much stress , and that it's not good for my health or our relationship, one of my biggest stresses was keeping you blind to the reality at hand" he says running his fingers through his hair.

"I figured I should tell you and not keep you in the dark so much...and I also made a decision that you will see when you turn 19" he says.

I close my eyes still processing what he said.

"Am I in danger" I ask softly with my eyes closed.

"Look at me" he says with his hands cupping my face.

I open my eyes and look at his.

"I failed you once, but I promise you I won't again" he says. "Everything I've done, I've done for you and our saügling... it may not seem that way right now but in time you'll see the measures I've taken" he says kissing my forehead.

"Now go to sleep , you need your rest" He says, and I'm so tired I do just that.

Hey guys sorry for the slow updates, but I hope you're still enjoying the book.

Did you guys see this coming?? Did you have a hunch?