Energy

Me and Andreas had been in the car for a minute. It was the first time he had driven us somewhere in a while. Usually we had one of the drivers drive us, but this time it was different. There wasn't even any dark cars following us so I knew we were completely alone.

Andreas has his left hand on my thigh and his right on the steering wheel. It was getting late in the day and we were just driving down country roads. Not many cars even passed us on the street.

"Baby where are we going?" I ask him . I look over to see his face still concentrating on the road.

"Leibling do you not trust me?" He asks gruffly and annoyed.

"I do trust you meine liebe, I'm just curious" I say looking over at him.

He still doesn't look over at me so I decide to let it go. I get a little comfortable in the seat and look out the window. Andreas turns the radio on and I drown it out. I hear a phone ring and Andreas picks it up.

"Hallo Mama" He says. "Ja...yes mama.... Ich nehme sie jetzt"He says and continues to talk. (I'm taking her now)

They talk for a while and he hangs up.

"Only a little while longer and we'll be there" Andreas says squeezing my thigh. He rubs my thigh with his thumb. "Promise me something?"He asks.

I look over at him weird and say "what is it?"

"Can you just keep an open mind" he asks.

"An open mind about what babe?" I ask.

"It's just something important I need you to do... it would mean a lot to my family and my mother" he explains

"Yeah but what is it Andreas?" I say starting to get worried.

Andreas pulls down a dirt road and drives under the canopy of some trees.

"My mother believes in naturopathy and herbal holistic medicines, she knows this holistic doctor and wanted me to take you to her to just ensure you and our baby's health" he says.

We keep driving down this dirt road which causes the car to bounce, at the end of the dirt road there's a brick home that has vines growing all over the right side of it. The sun is down now and there are some cute old rustic street lights lighting the path to the front door. I don't know why, but I start to get very anxious and I tense up.

"Babe what exactly is she going to be doing... did Dana do this with Damien?" I ask looking over at him.

Andreas looks at me and he turns the car off he cups my face and kiss me "everything will be fine meine liebe, I will be with you the whole time" he says and starts kissing my cheek and travels down to my neck. He sucks on it softly. Whispering in my ear he says "Du bist so hübsch" (you are so beautiful).

I swallow and try to push my worry out. Andreas gets out of the car and comes around to help me out. I feel his arm wrap around my waist and we walk towards the home.

A woman opens the door and starts walking towards us and smiling. I pause in my tracks and Andreas pulls me closer to his hip and forces me to keep walking.

As the lady gets closer. I can see that she is a lot older and has long grey hair in one thick braid. She has on a dress that flows to the ground. Despite her hair being grey she has thick bushy light brown eyebrows that give a slightly harsh look.

"Wolfgang" the lady says with her arms stretched out.

Andreas lets go if my waist and he bends down to hug her small frame I stand off to the side awkwardly holding my sweaty hands clamped together. She holds him for a while and then pulls back laying her palms on his temples.