10. Time Management

Everyone knows that juggling school, homework, classes, chores, friends, family, free time, and still finding time to study is hard. Each person's schedule is different, but here are some tips on managing your study time better.

1. Set a yourself a schedule, and put it in the same place everyday. Include short term goals, tasks you need to accomplish and anything you want to do. (Remember to prioritize)

2. Avoid procrastination, do nastiest tasks first.

3. Eliminate distractions like TV, smart phones. Sometimes quiet classical or spa music is okay.

4. Get your supplies ready before you start studying (CLASS)

5. Be time aware.

6. Set a Study Routine- Study when you are most awake and alert. Take frequent breaks, every 20-30 minutes.

I keep a yearly planner on my desk. At the beginning of every month, I fill in the monthly calendar and each week. I use different colored pens, one color for things like classes, that are scheduled. One colorfor things I need to do, like homework, and updating my Wattpad books, and one colors for any notes I make. I like to use a Happy Planner, they have a special planner for students, along with fun stickers, hole punch, and a special ring binding system. Anyway, here are the techniques explained-

1. Set yourself a schedule, here's how-

1. Get an empty notebook you'd like to use.

2. Label it Weekly Schedule.

3. Open it to the first page and brainstorm everything you need to do tomorrow with the time you need to do it.

4. Organize your list in chronological order.

5. Now list everything you know that you'll need to do for the rest of the week, using the same technique.

6. Put your schedule in the same place every day.

2. Here are tips to avoid procrastinating-

1. Do the nastiest tasks first.

2. Avoid being a protectionist.

3. Get help if you need it.

4. Be conscious of the time. Be time aware.

5. Find a way to make it fun!

3. Put your phone or device on silent or airplane mode. My favorite music to use is relaxing classical or spa relaxation. They don't have words and stay pretty mellow. It helps to eliminate distraction. Find a station on your music provider.

4. Remember CLASS? Go back to chapter 1 if you don't.

5. Be time aware, set time aside for studying instead of trying to squeeze it in a gap.

6. Find the time you are most awake and alert, set that time aside for studying. Take breaks, you have a learning curve. When you are studying, for the first 20 minutes or so, you take in lots of information. After the 20 minutes, your curve flattens out, you stop learning, this is the perfect time to take a break. Take a 5-10 minute break, listen to some music, play a game, text your friends, read a book. When 10 minutes is up, continue studying. You will remember more information this way.