Nothing's worse than regret on a Friday

<Michael's POV>

Damn I fucked up is the first thing I keep thinking to myself. Over and over again as if it's on some type of loop. How could I have fucked up so badly. I had what I've wanted for so long in my hands and I fucked it up. I feel so bad for cheating on my wife but I also feel bad for hurting Ryan. Should I come clean to my wife about my secret I've been keeping from my family? Or should I break things off with Ryan and pretend it never happened? Either way I probably fucked things up with him for good. I would do anything to just be with him and hug and kiss him.

I go to my kitchen and pull out a k cup to make a star bucks drink. I'm gonna need as much caffeine as I can to get through this day. I drive to the office basically twitching from the caffeine rush I gave myself and park when I'm finally in the lot. I look at the window my office is supposed to be at and shake my head. Today's gonna be an awful day. I walk into the building with a fake smile on my face and coffee in hand prepared to deal with all the bull shit coming my way.

When I get to my office there is a stack of papers waiting to be signed. I look at them and grimace. Why the hell did I choose this career path? I sit at my desk and look at the first page. It's Ryan's two week notice. He wants me to sign it, he wants to quit? A cold aching feeling spreads through my body and I get dizzy. I quickly sign the paper and get on with signing the others. No better way to get over him then getting him out of my life I guess. I continue signing the papers until one of my co-workers Loretta walks in my office.

"Hi Michael" she says in a flirtatious voice. I quickly glance over at her and notice her fondling with her breast and twirling her red locks of curly hair. I am completely turned off to the point it shows in my voice how disgusted I am. "What may I help you with?" I say grimly. She steps back noticing the disgust in my voice. "I just wanted to see if you were busy..." she moves her hand from her breast to her kitty. "I'm very busy actually." Trying to hide the disgust in my voice. She pulls her boob out as she makes her way around my desk and begins trying to touch my dick. I push her hands off of my pants and her face turns a bright red. She begins to try and unbuckle my pants I push her hand off and yell "GET AWAY FROM ME WHORE" silence fills the room. She instantly runs out of the room and I follow her to the vice's office. "Michael called me a whore!"

I briefly tell him the whole story and he gets it because she has done this to him too. He sends Loretta home and tells me to watch my mouth next time. I tell him yes sir and pack my things to go home thinking about if I should even return tomorrow.

I get into my car and drive home. I hear Claire my youngest daughter and my wife arguing. I swear it feels like I never get a break from bullshit. I go straight to the bar and pour some whiskey. I sit in my study and re-watch the hunger games series. I sit and drink my whiskey and keep pouring until I feel sick. My vision is blurry and its getting hard to keep myself up. I go to my bed and fall asleep.

I wake up to a letter on my night stand I open it and it says. "Dear Mikey, lately I've noticed that you've been different almost as if you don't love us anymore. I'm letting you know that we have packed our bags and left. I will always love you Mikey, but it's not good for me to feel unloved. Call me when your doing better... your ex wife Amanda"

EX WIFE? I crawl into a ball and cry my eyes out. I have no one left. I go get the bottle of Hennessy and begin pouring the liquor. Shot after shot I get drunker and drunker. I go sit on my couch and watch the secret life of a French quarter witch.

I sit back feeling too relaxed and cry some more, there is no way I'm going to work today.

**************************************************************************************************

I'll try to be more active towards the end of this school year and during the summer.

Follow me on insta: thankyouchecks

Hmu to chat if you're ever feeling down or just need someone to talk to I'm open for all discussion and would like to hear feedback on my story thzn