Chapter One

Beyoncé

I fidgeted with my fingers as I waited for him to say something. Everything was spiralling out of control and I couldn't even leave New York- that's how crazy my life had turned out to be.

Well, I'd finally told him. I'd finally told him about the secret but I had also told him about the secret that came along with the secret. Truth be told I hadn't told anyone about the secret that came with the secret but it came out. If the secret had to come out then it made sense for me to get it all out and reveal the secret that came with the secret.

I finally looked up from my nails and looked straight ahead at Jay. He was tracing the baby scan with his index finger in awe. Today had been the most packed and crazy day of my life. It was only yesterday that I was having the most relaxing and family-oriented day of my life.

"So...you're how far?"he finally spoke after a few minutes of deadly silence.

"Just over three months,"his eyes shot up from the photo and at my stomach. To be honest it felt good to finally free myself and not have to wear an incredible amount of layers to cover up but with the freedom to show my baby bump came the confession that the baby was potentially not Jay's.

He was still in his wedding tuxedo, just with his bow tie unraveled and his top button undone.

"And you kept this from me for three months?"he held up the photo. "I've never seen a sonogram photo in my ice Beyoncé!"

"I couldn't bring myself to tell you,"I gulped.

"I'm not surprised. You're back at it with your secrecy. Hiding my kids from me,"he threw the scan onto the table between us.

"You're really going to throw that shit in my face?"I spat.

"I'm sorry, I'm just angry and confused because I thought you were genuinely sorry when you kept Shaq from me,"he rubbed his eyes and I calmed myself down by counting to ten.

"One minute we were good and the next we weren't. How was I meant to tell you that I was pregnant again after you just met your first child?

"You say this: 'Jay, I'm pregnant',"he sarcastically held his hands up. I wouldn't have him speak to me like this any other day, but I'd dropped more than a bombshell on him and it was my fault that we were in this again.

"You told me you didn't want any children-"

"With Eva. I didn't want any children with Eva,"he huffed. "And the baby might not even be mine,"he looked at me and waited for me to say something.

"My ex...James,"I started. "We got together a few years back. He proposed to me in August right after we had sex but then I found out a few days later that he was expecting a child with someone he had an affair with."

"The irony,"Jay chuckled. It was ridiculous how things had turned out. My ex got his mistress pregnant but my ex got his mistress (me) pregnant within the same month.

"I came to New York with Shaq a week later and you know the rest,"I summarised it.

"So there's a 50% chance I'm the father?"he confirmed but I couldn't even be certain.

"I'd say 51%, your sperm is quite fast,"I shrugged.

"This ain't a game Beyoncé!"he sighed. "I thought we moved past this. I thought we moved past lying and hiding shit."

"So did I. I was planning to tell you today but you decided to lie to me and take your lil happy ass down to the church to get married. Where is Eva anyway?"I asked out of curiosity.

"I have no idea. Right now she's not my main concern. My main concern is the fact that you're pregnant with my baby, Shaq is in his room confused as hell and you're here trying to run back to LA because you heard half of a story."

"You believe the baby's yours?"I questioned and he stayed silent. "Wow, that says everything,"I nodded.

"You've got to understand that I'm still in shock. It's only 3pm and if you think about everything that's happened within 15 hours of the day then you'll understand,"he laid back on his couch.

"I never meant to hurt you. I didn't keep the baby from you out of spite. I was terrified because of our circumstances and I didn't know what to do,"I defended myself.

"So what were you planning to do? Hide the pregnancy until you go into labour?"he raised his eyebrows but then sat up and leaned into me. "You see, what I don't get is why you don't get the fact that I love you and I'll do anything for you. Yes, I wasn't planning to have a baby for quite a while but you're my forever and Shaq's my forever. You didn't have to do that Bey, you didn't have to hide. I would've been there for every single appointment, every single shopping trip you made, every single time you needed your feet rubbing,"here we go again. The waterworks. My tears couldn't stop themselves yet Jay got up and came to my side.

"I'm sorry,"he wiped my tears.

"I'm sorry too,"he apologised. "I'm willing to move past everything. The past, the lies, the love triangles, everything. You're still who I want to be with and who I need in my life. We can figure everything else out later but either way you, Shaq and the baby are my family. The question is are you willing?"he asked me.

I sat there in silence. We both needed a new beginning but more importantly Shaquille needed a new beginning, a fresh start. He was so willing to accept a baby that maybe wasn't his but that showed me how much he loved me and how much he wanted us to be a family together.

"No more Eva, no more Culhanes, no more lies, no more of anything. Just our family,"he whispered into my ear.

I looked up at him and nodded.

"A new beginning?"

"A new beginning,"he reassured me. He pushed a strand of hair away from my face and pulled it behind my ear. We inched our lips closer to each other, about to kiss until we heard a loud banging on the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Notes:

Ya girl is back bihh😛

I'm sorry it took so long. I acc started writing before the end of the first book but I took a 'lil' break.

What are you expecting? Not expecting?

Cheers to Love, Life and Blessings🍾

CBaby_X🥰