Chapter Eight

Jay

I finalised everything with Mr St Patrick before I glared at him and then at Beyoncé who was standing outside my office with Shilo and Shaq. I couldn't believe what I was hearing- this man was Bey's ex and I didn't need anyone to tell me that he was the other potential father. He'd come into the club wanting to hire it for a party but now I was wondering if he'd come here knowing that Beyoncé was here. Either way, I had a duty to keep family and business completely separated and I decided to rent the club to St Patrick for his party. After, he'd be on his way and I wouldn't have to deal with him unless it was on a business level.

(A/N: Rule No. 7. Anybody know what lyrics I'm talking 'bout?)

"Beyoncé and Shaquille have settled in well...of course with your help,"he mentioned.

"If we can keep this as professional as possible that would be best. I don't talk about my family when it comes to business,"I checked through the papers and made sure everything was correct so I could get this man out of my office.

"It's just nice to see that Shaquille has his father now. I was there, of course, for the most part, but now you're here,"he smirked. "And Beyoncé looks as radiant as ever. All the drama that's played out on social media, you two will have to last. She moved on from me really fast, and that seemed impossible because of what we had,"he adjusted his suit.

"You will have to pay the deposit by tomorrow for us to rent the club to you. Other than that, you are free to leave,"I gestured to the door.

"Do you think she really loves you? Or are you just a rebound?"

"Don't compare yourself to me, you're only wasting your time and energy because we're not on the same level. I won't tell you again- leave before I call security and things go sideways,"I warned him. He chuckled and nodded.

"You'll see the money in the account tomorrow. Please send my greetings to your...partner and son,"he stood up and I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm sure you know your way out,"I gave a slight nod and he walked out of the office. I eyed him as he tried to speak to Beyoncé and Shaquille outside my office but Bey turned her back and Shaq only waved. Bey stormed back into my office while Shaq and Shilo began walking to the stairs.

"Shilo!"Bey called her. They both turned around. "Don't take Shaq outside. I don't want you outside either...just stay in the club,"she gulped hard and I frowned.

"Why?"I asked.

"Why?"Shilo repeated.

"I just need y'all where I can see you. I'll explain later,"she nodded. Shi sighed as they went to the bar instead. Bey sighed and got a glass of water from the fridge in my office.

"What was all that about?"I folded my arms. She came back to the desk, unlocking her phone and showing me messages. I scrolled through them and frowned at what I saw. It was a thread of trolling from an unknown number but some of the messages were just vile and sick, and a lot of them included me too.

"Is anyone in the club that would do this?"she asked taking another sip of her water.

"No, I don't think so. I can round up everyone in the building and check with them but I doubt anyone would do that when they don't even have your number."

Bey fidgeted with her fingers before looking up.

"And Eva?"

"She's not in the club right now. I've made sure security knows she's not meant to be anywhere near the club but you never know. I told you how she tried to move to me when we met up and she sounded crazy,"I reminded her. I couldn't shake off how crazy and delusional Eva sounded, because after everything I'd done to her and all the pain I'd caused her she still wanted to be with me.

"I-I don't know. I don't know who this is and why they'd be doing this,"I saw her hands shake as if we were in the New York December cold; I took her hands into mine and caressed them with my fingers.

"Baby why didn't you tell me all of this before? The dates say this has been happening since we got back together,"I questioned.

"I thought it was just some hater who found my number and was trying to get to me. Now someone is watching me from outside the club and I'm scared for me, for Shaq, for you, and for Shilo and for-"

"It's okay Bey, stop worrying. I'll do as much as I can to see who was sending you these messages. Even if it means going to the police, we'll do it,"I assured her.

"Do you really think that's a good idea? We don't know who this person is and what they're capable of,"she questioned me.

"Exactly. If we don't know who this person is and what they're capable of then it's best for us to go to the cops and see if we can get protection. All this stress isn't good for you,"I kissed both her hands.

"My stress levels won't go down until I see the back of James St Patrick,"she let go of my hands and rubbed her temples. "I saw him a few days ago but I just want him gone and out of New York."

"A few days ago? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because after an argument over the paternity of the baby, telling you that my ex is in town is hardly going to make our situation any better,"she blew her breath.

"I can't do anything about him. I have to keep money and feelings separated. As much as I dislike him right now, if I deal with clients on a personal level then I wouldn't be here today. His party is on Christmas Eve, and after that unless business is involved then we don't have to deal with him ever again,"I said, moreso to assure myself.

"Jay...you know that's practically impossible...not when he might be the father,"she whispered the last part.

"Do we have to talk about that right now?"I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to talk about how the woman who I loved so much could be carrying another man's child, a man who came into my office and blatantly disrespected me and my family.

"No, we don't, but I'm just saying before we get our hopes up thinking we won't have to deal with James after Christmas Eve,"she pointed out.

"Baby let's just take things one day at a time and enjoy this season. It's our first Christmas together after ten years,"I tried to lighten the mood.

"What if we host it this year? Our moms already hosted thanksgiving together so we should do something too,"Bey suggested and I agreed with her.

"That's a nice idea,"I smiled. There was a moment of silence between us with Bey continuously looking back to check Shaq and Shilo were still at the bar.

"They're okay, Bey. We're all okay, stop worrying,"I reassured her and she sighed nodding her head.

"It's just scary. You hear about this stuff all the time and then people wound up dead or missing. I swear when I find out who it is-"

"Let the cops handle it. We've got enough headache as it is,"she rested her head on my shoulder as I wrapped my arm around her.