Chapter Three

Beyoncé:

I spoke on the phone with Kelly as I got ready for my appointment with Jay and Shaquille. Of course I didn't make it to the one I had booked before so I was scheduled for another one. I felt better about this one because now I didn't have to go alone and I had Jay and Shaq with me.

"I bet you're happy you don't have to hide your stomach any more and act as if you're just adding weight,"she giggled.

"I am. It's actually a relief,"I exhaled.

"So what's up with Jay's living situation? Is he living with y'all or does he stay at the hotel?"she queried.

"Well..."I started but I couldn't finish. I didn't really know what to say. He wasn't living with us but he was here a lot of the time. I didn't even know what we were. I knew we were in a relationship but what was our relationship? Dating? Partners? It was early days and we weren't rushing things just because we used to be in a relationship but there were a few things we needed to clarify.

"Girl that's enough for me. I know a lot is going on for you but you're my sister so you know I'm here if you need anything."

"Thanks Kelly. I'll send you pictures of the baby after my appointment,"we finished our conversation and ended it. I went downstairs and as usual everybody was waiting for me.

"Finally!"Shaq sighed.

"I was just asking Mama Tina and Solange if they want to come,"Jay told me.

"That'd be nice. Y'all are leaving on Saturday and it'll be nice to see the baby before you go,"I smiled.

"Y'all need this moment as a family. Don't worry, we'll come back before the baby arrives,"Mama assured us.

"Alright. Well I'm ready now so we can go,"Jay and Shaq got up and we said our goodbyes to Mama and Solo as we walked out and made our way to the clinic.

"Baby I'm going to go over to my house to get my stuff,"he told me as I checked my Snapchat. A message came up on my phone:

Unknown:ugly bitch.
Unknown:u think u have everything because of ur business? Think again

These messages were crazy but I couldn't focus on the negative. I had more important things to focus on, most notably my family and my business, so a hater finding my number and letting me know how jealous they were of me was irrelevant.

"Jay I don't want you going there on your own,"I locked my phone looking at him. I was afraid of him walking in and getting hurt by them, especially Mr Andrew. I knew Jay could fight his own battles but we had two children- I couldn't lose him.

"Bey, don't worry ma,"he chuckled. "I'll be quick. All I need to do is get a few things. If I see Eva then I'll talk to her because we need to. There's a lot of things we need to sort out and dissolve. The house, the club.."

"Mr Andrew managed to burst into my house and strangle you. He's probably waiting for you right now Jay. Sammy can go with you."

"I don't need my brother to help me Bey. One, I can fight my own battles and two, Sammy's not gonna be around every time you don't want me to go over there. They're leaving in a few days and he's got his own family to worry about."

"Then you might as well use him while he's still here. I'm scared Jay. That family is crazy,"I shared my concerns.

"Don't worry, I'll call Sammy if it makes you feel any better. Just stop worrying that something will happen to me because nothing will. Now we need to go see how our baby doing,"he said as we pulled up to the clinic. He found a parking space and kissed my lips.

"Be careful when you go, okay?"he chuckled and nodded.

"Come on,"we all got out and walked into the clinic through the back so we wouldn't be noticed going in; only family knew that I was pregnant and with all the chaos going on between Jay and Eva, adding my pregnancy into the mix was just going to add fuel to the fire.

Once we were instructed to wait in the doctor's room I laid on the bed and looked at Jay and Shaq who looked just like twins on their phones.

"Are y'all excited?"I asked them and they both looked up with the same expression.

"Of course. This is my first one,"Jay grinned.

"Will we know if the baby's a boy or girl?"Shaq asked.

"Not today baby, it's too early. We'll find out next month," I told him and he nodded.

The next twenty minutes was filled with us staring at the screen in awe at the little being that was going to join us soon. I looked over at the boys and they had tears in their eyes.

"This is my first ever baby scan,"Jay wiped a tear and my heart was filled with joy. All I wanted was for my family to be in a happy place and this gave me hope for the future.

Once we were done in there we got out and made our way to the cinema. We needed to create more stability and security for ourselves because the last thing I wanted was for Shaq to look back and regret his childhood.