Chapter Four

Jay

It was now the time that I had to go and collect my stuff from the house and no, I wasn't bringing my brother with me. I didn't need a bodyguard or protection to enter MY house and get MY stuff so it wasn't necessary. The only reason I was so calm about this situation was because I knew that Eva had been hurt the most and I was going to move out anyway so she could have the house.

I pulled up to the house and parked my car. I could tell that a lot of her family was still around because all their cars were parked in the driveway too. I couldn't even get to the door before it flung open and Esther's eyes pierced through me like a sharpened knife.

"We just cleaned this house of you and your filth. We're not letting dirt in here,"she looked me up and down.

"So get the fuck out,"I kissed my teeth and barged past her. As expected, they were all waiting to jump down my throat in the living room. Frankly I wasn't bothered- all I needed to do was get my stuff and tell Eva a few things.

I heard a gun click and Mr Andrew was behind me pointing his shotgun at me.

"Really Mr Andrew? You're gonna shoot me? I'm sure you wouldn't want blood all over the carpet after Esther just said y'all cleaned,"I chuckled putting my hands in my pockets.

"The nerve of you,"he growled.

"Daddy just shoot him. We can always buy more bleach,"Esther folded her arms.

"Esther that is not what I taught you! Andrew, put the gun down now,"Ms Stella instructed them. Mr Andrew still pointed his gun at me and I waited for him to do something. I wasn't scared because I knew he wouldn't shoot me here anyway.

"Andrew, put it down,"Ms Stella slowly pushed the gun down and he mumbled something under his breath. "Shawn, please collect your things and leave,"she disappointedly looked at me. Ms Stella had always taken a liking to me and even though she was a bit overbearing sometimes I genuinely liked her too; she was one of the only members of this family that I could be in a room with and not want to shoot my own damn self.

"Thank you,"I moved past all the disgusted stares and whispers to get my stuff from my room. I opened the door and Eva was laying in the bed. When she saw me she propped up and I could see her better. This was the worst I'd seen her- bloodshot, baggy eyes, undone hair, a droopy smile and old dirty clothes. Was it right for me to say that I felt bad for her but at the same time I wasn't feeling guilty?

"Hey husband,"she sarcastically rolled her eyes.

"I just came to get my stuff,"I grabbed the biggest suitcase and started throwing my belongings in from the wardrobe and the bathroom. I could feel her stare burning the back of my head but the quicker I could get done here the quicker I could get back to my family.

"So all this time you had an affair,"I could see tears on the brink of falling fast.

"It wasn't throughout."

"And now you're playing happy families, leaving me in my wedding dress looking like a fool. If anyone ever wants to know how to hurt the one person that loves them so much, I'll be sure to send them your details,"she began to cry. By this time I was already done packing because a lot of my stuff was at the hotel too, but I couldn't leave without apologising. It wasn't her fault and if someone did this to Shilo then I would be mad too.

"Evana I'm sorry. I truly am. I shouldn't have treated you like that and I should've gone about things differently. You've done a lot for me over the years but I should've been able to respect you more. I do love you,"I saw a twinkle in her eye and I knew I'd said the wrong thing at the wrong time. "But I'm not in love with you,"I finished and she returned to her original demeanour. It was hard for me to do this because Eva was one of those people who barely did wrong and she was a gentle person, but my forever was with Beyoncé and that was who I was staying with.

"Wow, you really do know how to break a girl's heart,"she gulped hard looking away.

"We need to discuss a few things and go over some of the things we share,"I told her.

"You've made up your mind that fast?"she raised her eyebrows.

"We both need to move on Eva, for real. I don't mind meeting at any time and any place. It's up to you,"I looked around the room one final time to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. "I'll be expecting a text from when you'd like us to meet."

I picked up my suitcase and wheeled it out without looking back. I knew I'd hurt her but I'd do anything to make Bey happy.

Of course Eva's family was waiting at the stairs for me with hard, mean scowls across their faces that told me just how much they hated every breath I took. I didn't mind though because I had mine back at home and I could never deal with the Culhanes.

"Pitiful excuse of a man. I can't believe we ever welcomed your ugly ass into this family,"her sister looked me up and down.

"Save it Esther, I'm going and I don't need your bullshit,"I put my hand up.

"Don't talk to my sister like that,"Elijah stood up squaring up to me. I looked at him and laughed.

"I don't need this, especially from your ass,"I walked out and slammed the door shut. I had an opportunity to start something and finish it right here and then once and for all, but doing that would only prolong whatever hate they had against me and add fuel to the fire. My aim was to cut off all ties with the Culhanes so I could move on with my own family and if they had to say whatever they needed to say to leave me alone then so be it.

As I was getting into my car I heard my name be called.

"Shawn!"Ms Stella came down the steps using the railings and approached me. I sighed getting out and closing the door.

"Ma'am?"

"I just want to know why. Why would you do that to my daughter?"she questioned. Her eyes became watery and she blinked hard.

"Ma'am,"I started sighing. "I love Beyoncé. I can't help how I feel about her and I can't hide it."

"So you decided to declare your love at the expense of my daughter?"she raised her eyebrows. "Everyone had somebody they'd do anything for, so please give my daughter whatever she rightfully deserves from what y'all share and let her find peace within herself to move on from you,"she pleaded.

"Of course,"I nodded. She stepped back from my car and allowed me to get in to go home to my family.

It was a shame but all of this heartache was my fault. We just needed to go on but I knew the Culhanes weren't done.