Chapter Eleven

Beyoncé

Christmas Day had finally come and the festivities were in full motion. It was nearly 8 but all our family were here. It was nice to see everyone grooving and having a good time with each other. This was all everyone needed during these holidays.

"Mrs Carter,"I smirked knowing it was Jay and spun on my heels. He was holding up a mistletoe above our heads with a cheeky grin.

"Come here,"I pulled him in by his shirt and smashed my lips onto his. I slipped my tongue into his mouth and we shared a kiss until we heard someone shout.

"Y'all go get a room!"Mama G smacked her lips and we pulled apart laughing.

"Let's go, I think we're opening presents now,"Jay grabbed my hand and we walked into the living room to go join the rest. We all sat around, because Christmas dinner killed the hell out of us.

Jay sat down first and I sat on his lap watching the kids of the family fill with excitement and joy and their eyes lighting up by the luminous wrapping paper.

"Look at Shaq. This is his first Christmas with family,"I smiled as Jay rubbed my belly.

"What was it like before?"he asked.

"It was usually me, Shaq, James and sometimes the others like Mama, Solo and Kelly. He used to tell me that he enjoyed it but I know it was lonely for him because he didn't have anyone his age and it was a routine for it to just be us. He's never been surrounded by so many people in his life and he's loving it,"a smile crept upon my face as I watched my beautiful son. He was definitely happier here in New York with Jay and his paternal side. When I was boarding the plane for LA, I wasn't intending to leave for good; I was just taking a break from New York so I could unravel and get my sanity back but I never left for ten years.

"I'm glad he's here..both of you,"he kissed my head.

"Oh my gosh! Tim!"Kelly exclaimed. We looked at her as she opened an envelope that presented two tickets to Dubai.

"Hope you're ready for the heat,"he chuckled and she threw her arms around him planting kisses all over him.

"My man,"Jay chuckled raising his glass to him.

"Oohh, what did y'all get me?"Shaq grinned as he shook the big box.

"Open it,"I encouraged him. He ripped the wrapping paper apart and tore open the box. He pulled out a Brooklyn Nets hoodie and his eyes lit up brighter than the Christmas tree.

"THANK YOU!"he weaved in between the people and things on the floor so he could hug us.

"You're welcome,"we both said in unison. We got him lots of Brooklyn Nets gear because they were his favourite team and little did he know he'd be sitting courtside to watch their next game and also meet the team. With Jay having connections all over New York, we certainly had many privileges and pros.

"Oh! This gift is from Bey to Jay,"Solange passes the box along so I could hand it to Jay.

"Merry Christmas baby,"I bit my lip anticipating whether he'd like it. He smirked at me before tearing the wrapping paper away and opening the long black box. His new Cuban link glistened and sparkled in his eyes as they widened in shock.

"Bey...you shouldn't have,"his jaw dropped.

"Well damn, I'll have it if you don't want it,"Sammy held out his hand and we laughed.

"Thank you babe. I love you,"he kissed my lips and I smiled.

"I love you too,"I returned.

"Um...aren't you going to give Bey her Christmas present?"Sammy tilted his head and gave Jay a look.